Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spinal Cord Injury Cure

Thumbs up Spinal Cord Injury Cure

If you wish to see a cure for spinal cord injuries and other afflictions that stem cell research hold the possiblitie to cure along with other research and advances, your best hope to make it happen in the United States as quickly as possible lies in the following website: www.dave2008.org
    I will do everything in my power to advance research and cures but I need your help. Do not sit around and wait for someone to do it for you. I need your involvement. I will work hard to help you. Read my section on Healthcare.
    Dave Landewee

I'll pass on this one.

You better post that again. I don't think 4 times was enough. LOL

Dave, step away from the crack pipe. You have no understanding of human nature or how to govern. Singing Cum By Ya and talking to kneel and bob at the UN hoping to "improve our image in the world" is beyond absurd. Even a dog has enough sense to bite Annan in the ass which means a dog is more qualified to be president than you.

You're kidding right?...
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." ~ Thomas Jefferson

You could at least put on a suit for the picture or something.

Dear Landevee

Hope you will be fine.

I came to know through another thread that you will participate in pilot program in China and will get different surgical procedures. Can you tell me which doctor will be doing these treatments and where in China? Can you give me the e-mail address of the doctor who will do these procedures as i could also contact them for treatments? You can share all this info through e-mail with me if you feel it private. Hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely

Jawaid

muradjawaid@hotmail.com

Newspaper Misinformation

Sometimes the press does not quote you word for word. The trials I was talking about did involve the ChinaCSInet but they were not the surgery I was talking about having again. The trials in China will probably involve close to 6000 patients per year if the success rate and hospital space allows. I have not been approached about participating in the ChinaCSINet trials. The additional surgery I was talking about is with Dr. Huang whom I had the intitial surgery from. There were several misquotes and things I did not even tell them. They wrote I had 4000 OEC cells injected into my spine and it was more like a million. Also, at the end of the article it states I would be receiving stem cells and that is not true either. They would be OEC cells involving a combination treatment. I am anxious as I am sure you all are to see the results of the ChinaCSInet trials. I know it is hard to be patient, but I believe the doctors involved in this study and trials are going to see some amazing results. It is a shame that trials like these cannot be done here. They also said in the news article that axons insulate nerve fibers which is not true. Myelin is what insulates the axons in the spinal cord. That was the purpose of the 4-AP trials. Scientists hope that 4-AP can help reinsulate axons which may still be intact in the spinal cord and restore some function. Don't believe everything you read in the newspapers. Some of it is true and some is not. One thing I stress to people is the importance of keeping in shape through exercise, range of motion, and e-stim if you have the availability to it. I know through personal experience that muscles that have atrophied are difficult to build and strengthen. It takes a lot of work. I would like to encourage the spinal cord community not to give up hope and be patient. A cure is coming. I applaud Dr. Wise Young and his efforts. He is a friend of mine and I do not know of many other doctors who care so much about the people he is trying to help.
    Dave Landewee
    www.dave2008.org

Blog Entries

Dave; at least the label of your thread is appropriate,

for it's forum placement. Very good.
    As for your effort with Dr Huang; he is a man devoted to helping sci for sure.
    Conducting 4 - 5 ops daily is certainly commendable. As of 2004, his effort was only falling short because no research group withiin the US sought to pick up the theory of his program and take it to the next level. This would allow the benefit of improving on his technique while his surgical hands not go idle. Maybe, by now, some of this has come to fruition. However, based on the brief summary of his report, within the ChinaCSInet thingy recently posted, it seemed like he had nothing new to add to his '02 vintage work. He still rates in my book because I believe he is a true pioneer, willing to take the step up to human clinical studies. He should also be given credit for helping open up collaboration with the world outside China, albeit our money helped build new hospital digs.
    As for your political aspirations Dave, what can I say?
    I like your platform, maybe even your planks. I only wonder that instead of nails being used to hold your planks together, you are using SillyGlue?

Crazier things have happened in the presidential race check who is in the White House

Thank you very much Landewee for keeping me updated about treatments. Can you tell me something about ChinaSCINet treatments? Where these trials will begin and what kind of stem cells will be used? How much these trials are away now and how can i contact to participate these?

Hope you will be like earlier. God bless you.

Jawaid