13 26.53%
  • I can straight only upto knee

3 6.12%
  • i can straight whole but few secs only

4 8.16%
  • My legs are flexible for any exercise

30 61.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What is your muscle tone/tightness/spasticity?

What is your muscle tone/tightness/spasticity?

I want to know the muscle tone of CC members for analyzing mine.

Do you mean move them independently?

My muscle tone is average 2 on a scale from 1-3
    TH 12, 43 years post

I'm not very spastic anymore, my left leg will spasim pretty nicely though when I move it, spasims are what really keeps my left leg locked out i think, its been getting more volentery now though.
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

My wife's muscles are completely flaccid.

funny you ask this Shwetarose. lately they are so bad i can't even move. getting in bed is a nightmare. i pull my legs up and there so tight i can't even bend them to lay flat. if i move my arms it triggers my back muscules and goes on down to my legs and feet. my legs come flying up to my chest. other day i was so mad i started to punch my thigh muscles , all that did was make them swell up alot. i just get so mad. when i get in my chair my legs stick straight out and shake like mad. it's getting dangerous sitting on my toilet chair when i go. my legs go crazy when i pull my pants down. you half to hang on for dear life. my back muscles , stomach muscles and leg muscles are always tight. i'm just so sick of this crap. keeping my eye on the 44 mag lol. it just keeps getting worse day by day.
    oh well

you ppl when spactisity, stand daily in standing frame. tone/spastisity is a good thing.

kenf, you need your b0ody stretched out. drugs arent the answer. stand, stand, stand. our bodies werent meant to be in the sitting position all the time
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Kenf. i m facing same ditto problem........i m really worried bcos if stem cells therapy comes, ( dont know when ) then our flexible legs will compliment us.that will be bonus and help cells to move progressively/quick.fast. i hope i m rite. suggest cc memebers ur views whether i m rite or wrong?

imaybe baclofen pump is option for bad spasticity. worked like a small miracle for me. i also had very bad tightness legs like iron now totally relaxed. i strongly recommend checking into it.

Quote Originally Posted by kenf
    funny you ask this Shwetarose. lately they are so bad i can't even move. getting in bed is a nightmare. i pull my legs up and there so tight i can't even bend them to lay flat. if i move my arms it triggers my back muscules and goes on down to my legs and feet. my legs come flying up to my chest. other day i was so mad i started to punch my thigh muscles , all that did was make them swell up alot. i just get so mad. when i get in my chair my legs stick straight out and shake like mad. it's getting dangerous sitting on my toilet chair when i go. my legs go crazy when i pull my pants down. you half to hang on for dear life. my back muscles , stomach muscles and leg muscles are always tight. i'm just so sick of this crap. keeping my eye on the 44 mag lol. it just keeps getting worse day by day.
    lol.....you sound like me a couple of years ago. im 4 1/2 yrs post and mine have calmed down some but still fight...come up to my chest when gettin bed. wish i could afford a standing frame..........but. i even tried the pump. i felt good but it was a nightmare for me. got infected an nearly killed myself....again,lol. plus im pretty active so that big bulge in my side was a real pain in the ass. im just tryin to learn to deal with em, plus they do really help a lot instead of just bein dead.