Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying a new PowerChair?

oops, i meant 1420.

"Madness has no purpose. Or reason. But it may have a goal."

For more information on Quickie power chairs, contact Sunrise Medical. Try to demo these chairs before purchasing.

1-(800)-333-4000

PN

Thanks Paul a friend of mine uses a quickie and likes it she took it on that 144 mile march with Adapt with no problems.

I'm looking for info on Quickie or InvaCare gearless / brushless motor model.

Such as seating tilt and/or recline (I can't sit up straight)
    motor problems
    maintence (I can't repair it so I don't want it falling apart like my friends Jazzy)

I use my chair 12-14 hours a day often times when I travel I will put several miles on it everyday.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Make sure that you are measured for this chair by a physical therapist. I would also avoid the Jazzy wheelchair. It will come down to the Quickie or Invacare.

PN

I'm a 27 yr Post C5-6 quad. I bought the Invacare Action Arrow with brushless motors in early '98 and I LOVE IT!! Best chair I've ever had. Initially the motors had started making a noise about 6 months after I had it. They replaced them on recall and I never had a problem again. Never had a problem with the tilt.

It's not completely without its quirks..Most notably is the motors for the most part kinda lose all/most power with over exertion (steep inclines etc).

As everyone noted, you want to make sure its properly measured and all bells and whistles are addressed to meet his/her needs.

Good Luck!