Thread: Dragon naturally speaking 8 preferred

Dragon naturally speaking 8 preferred

I was wondering if any of you guys know if there's a way to make Dragon NaturallySpeaking dictate in two different languages Spanish and English. If any of you know please let me know. If there is a patch or something that can be downloaded to add the Spanish-language to be able to dictate in Spanish as well.

Thank you

I think in order for you to be able to dictate the Spanish-language you'll need to buy or purchase a Spanish version of Dragon NaturallySpeaking.

This question was asked on a Dragon NaturallySpeaking form and here was the reply:

http://forum.knowbrainer.com/read.ph...=26290&t=26290

heath

Thanks for replying I will get the Spanish version as soon as possible. By the way what's the difference between the preferred version and professional? Is it just the price? Thanks!

tekniko, go to the Feature Comparison Matrix chart.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Does anyone know?

I have Dragon Naturally Speaking Prefferred 4 Spanish Version software and would be willing to give it to you free. Does anyone know if Version 4 would work on our computers now? I had it because of college back in 1999.
    Thanks-

Hi Liz,

Here are the steps from the Microsoft Knowledge Base on how to use compatibility mode in Windows XP.

Using The Windows Application Compatibility Mode
    When you use Windows Application Compatibility mode, many of the most common issues that prohibit earlier versions of programs from working correctly are resolved. If you run a program and it does not function as expected, it is recommended that you run the program in one of the compatibility environments. To run programs in Windows Application Compatibility mode in Windows XP, follow these steps: 1. Right click on the link of the program that you want to fix.
    2. Click on Properties.
    3. Click on the Compatibility tab.
    4. Click on Run this program in compatibility mode and select one of these:

• Windows 95
    • Windows 98
    • Windows NT 4
    • Windows 2000
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

I would like to thank all of you for your great help and I hope you guys keep up the great work and have a great New Year's. I got Dragon NaturallySpeaking preferred Spanish version 8 and it works very good all I have to do is make 2 user files 1 for English and 1 for Spanish so this way I can dictate in either or. Thanks again.

There are also a couple of third-party software that will allow you limited command writing capabilities for preferred. They will also include preinstalled commands that should help preferred to be more like the professional version.

VoiceDesk
    http://www.emicrophones.com/micropho...asp?prodID=115

KnowBrainer (this one is not released yet but is expected in the next couple weeks. This post should give a brief description).
    http://forum.knowbrainer.com/read.ph...=25993&t=25943

Heath

Disclaimer: I am not endorsing either product because I know nothing about either. Just trying to give some useful information.