Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Expert Advice needed - Specialization of doctor-s to lead a spinal injuries centre

  1. #1

    Exclamation Expert Advice needed - Specialization of doctor-s to lead a spinal injuries centre

    Dear friends,

    I would like to ask doctors, therapists and other personell who take part in this forum to tell their opinion regarding the above subject.

    In my country total population is 1million. A new spinal injuries centre is built here and as president of the Cyprus Paraplegics Organization I would like to know what doctors should be employed so that the centre will be able to offer the best possible care for paraplegics and quadroplegics. Currently the spinal injuries centre which is now operating has only 1 pathologist with spinal cord injuries specialization in stock mandevile hospital in UK.

    Thanks for your help.

  2. #2
    Rehabilitation physicians are called physiatrists (can be board certified in that) and can also do a subspeciality in spinal cord injury. That is where I would start.


  3. #3
    I would just add that most often there are physiatrists as the main physicians, but you should also have expert consultants who are trained in spinal cord injury care related to neurosurgery, neurology, orthopedics, and urology.


Similar Threads

  1. MacKenzie
    By 1 Fine Spine RN in forum New SCI
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-31-2005, 09:36 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-11-2005, 11:16 PM
  3. A fervent wish for the coming year
    By Wise Young in forum Cure
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 01-11-2003, 09:54 PM
  4. Seneca - Ischemic SCI
    By Bareback Jack in forum Tranverse Myelitis, Multiple Sclerosis, Non-traumatic SCI
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-13-2002, 06:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts