Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Help! Medical Marijuana Options?

Quote Originally Posted by reedyd
    if nothing else i'm saying the criminal justice system is a hassle to deal with especially for someone in a chair
    Very good point. Even in a legal State, the Man can make proving your right to smoke a pain in the ass IF you don't have all your ducks in a row. They don't care how much pain you are in. Their concern is "maintaining law and order".

OTOH, I made the front page of our fairly small community newspaper about it some years ago, pic and all. The interviewer came to my house and I smoked and talked too much and she wrote too much and well... I still watch my back.

Bummer about doing time David, that must have really sucked! The guys at the VA warned me about that saying we are easy targets read between the lines. Glad it's over for you, hope life is good.

buy a bag for awhile for personal use then you find out well damn i can buy a quarter pound and make 4 oz. then sell 3 oz of them and get your 1 oz of smoke for free.
    I think we found your problem, good sir.

Once you start buying weight, it no longer is personal use, and the criminal justice system begins to take a much greater interest in you.

Perhaps if you had a little discipline instead of spending $250 (approximate schwag prices used here as I don't know what you're buying) on a buy, you wouldn't end up dealing with unsavory characters (drug dealers, and the like), with whom associating likely got you arrested. I mean, they caught you with 5 pounds. FIVE POUNDS.

Perhaps if you just continued buying a quarter ounce at a time, you would never have been on anyone's radar. The way you describe it, you were buying a personal supply, then eventually realized that you could smoke for free if you were dealing. So you started buying weight. That sounds like greed to me, and that's what got you busted.

shit..5lbs would last me 5 years..it'd be dust by the time i got to the end of it..5lbs is definitely not in the "personal use" catagory

I'm just letting the people know that might consider using it that it is illegal and to be very careful.
    I have been clean for years so I really don't care if you do it or not. Learn the hard way like I did.
    I had more than for personal use but I started out with personal use. I never even smoked the stuff until I was 22 years old.
    I have heard of medical weed in Texas but never met anyone with a script.
    I have used marinol the THC pill from a person with a script. I had to take about 6 to even feel them.
    Another thing to think about is if you have any type of goverment housing or student loan is that you can lose it because of drug use.
    I'll guarantee a majority of the people complaining about someone disabled being injured in jail for drug use are the same ones out here trying to justify using it.
    This forum is about Medical Marijuana Options

I have had a few friends that have used it for years that claim it helps them.
    One just has to weigh the odds.
    It is like breaking the speed limit some get stopped some don't.

Good Luck to everyone in your choices.
    I think in the future if you chose to use it then one will be able to with no hassle.
    Texas sure isn't there yet.

Dave

i never tried drugs .....tobbaco only and alcohol .better milk and sports.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Exclamation

Tobacco kills more people each year than all of the people killed by all illegal drugs in the last one hundred years.
    Last edited by Myc0; 03-02-2007 at 05:35 PM.
    De Omnibus Dubitandum

I'm just letting the people know that might consider using it that it is illegal and to be very careful.
    [COLOR]
    quite a few states have medical marijuana provisions. California , Connecticut are two that come to mind.
    still with medical marijuana, if you get caught dealing, your going to be in trouble. also many states have downgraded marijuana infractions to low level misdemeanor or even a violation, which is like a traffic ticket or not picking up your dog poop.
    the key thing is weight and dealing will get you in trouble.
    cauda equina

I used to know a guy with ALS in WA who was part of the green cross medical MJ program there and he grew his own without incident. It seemed kinda scary because he was registered with the state as a grower and I think they would come check out his setup to make sure it wasn't exceeding the limits, but he never encountered any problems because of it.
    De Omnibus Dubitandum

Yeah, I heard that about Texas. But like others have said, WA, OR, Cali, etc. have laws allowing its use, strings attached. It's not something you see people getting busted for around here. Too bad about Texas. If it had something to do with alcohol, there'd be a damn range war - reminiscing being stationed there when they changed the open container law people sure didn't like that! Didn't like potheads, either. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by adi chicago
    i never tried drugs .....tobbaco only and alcohol .better milk and sports.

tobbaco and alcohol are drugs that kill thousands each year, are you for real? lol