Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Help! Medical Marijuana Options?

Blog Entries

How?

Thx for the detailed explanation myco.

Is there an inexpensive way to try out this vapor technique?

Also, this is a dumb but necfessary question: How does one get the mj to use in it w/o going down to the local shady alley?

PS - Does the bud help you with pain?
    "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will RUN and not grow weary, they will WALK and not be faint."
    Isaiah 40:29-31

AmericanSmokeless.Com has a 10 or 20 dollar thingy, the problem with it , you have to hold a lighter 2cm under the device while its in your mouth, seems pretty hard for AB, maybe with practice and in a mirror it may be easier.
    as far as pain or spasms, everyone is different.
    cauda equina

Quote Originally Posted by SurfCat
    Also, this is a dumb but necfessary question: How does one get the mj to use in it w/o going down to the local shady alley?
    i thought california is ahead of the other states as far as medical mj
    cauda equina

Many people smoke pot. You can't put a filter on a joint because you would lose the THC. But then, Smoking joints for a long time causes a lot of small particles to go down the lungs. I believe using a bong helps. When you take a big hit off of a joint you have three hits of smoke wasted.
    Yes it is all against the law but the cops are not out for the little pot smokers most of the time they will let you go if you don't have much. They need to be out there to catch the big dogs. If you can, try a Bong. Keep it clean because if you knock it over the old water really stinks. At least you don't waste a lot of the smoke with a bong. I'm from old school.
    I thought they had THC pills the Dr's could prescribe. They do for chemo people.
    Just some of my advice until you can find what you need. You do what you have to do. What ever it takes to make life easier.
    Mary
    I want to Rock you Gypsy soul and together we will flow into the Mystic.
    Van Morrison

Doesn't California have medical marijuana?

Oregon does and you can get it for things like spasms/chronic pain... when approved though you do have to provide your own seeds and grow your own. There isn't any medical/government facility to buy the seeds or pot.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Unfortunately tha't one of the big problems with the drug war, is it makes people who need this beneficial herb for medical purposes resort to criminals, thus outlaws profit while hurting patients suffer. Unless you know someone with a vaporizer, I don't know of a good way to try one for cheap, though I have seen adapters for hot air guns to connect to waterpipes that sound semi-effective and cheap. As for obtaining quality herb, that's a bit trickier. In a few places there are good medical marijuana programs, though it's a bit sketchy. I had some friends in Cali that were part of the medical Mary-J program, I think the feds cracked down on it after a while, word was they got busted last I heard. Apparently there was a Vietnam vet named Eddy Lepp(?) that was running a large operation growing for a lot of people who were part of the program, but I think he got busted after several years in the spotlight. Damn the man. It seems that in most places you either have to do the research and take the risk of growing your own, or have a friend do it for you. That sucks and things should be very different, but I'm afraid that's the current situation. In some places they will overlook people who are obviously just supporting a personal medical need, but crack down on larger operations, or people that are growing to sell for profit. As for pain control, I haven't even seen sweet Mary since my SCI, so I can't comment on that aspect.
    De Omnibus Dubitandum

Already posted this in another thread, so pardon the spam! I think it deserves to be posted here, too.

11th state legalizes medical marijuana
    www.CNN.com

PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island (AP) -- Rhode Island on Tuesday became the 11th state to legalize medical marijuana and the first since the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in June that patients who use the drug can still be prosecuted under federal law.

The House overrode a veto by Gov. Don Carcieri, 59-13, allowing people with illnesses such as cancer and AIDS to grow up to 12 marijuana plants or buy 2.5 ounces of marijuana to relieve their symptoms. Those who do are required to register with the state and get an identification card.

Federal law prohibits any use of marijuana. However, Maine, Vermont, Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Montana, Nevada, Oregon and Washington allow it to be grown and used for medicinal purposes.

The U.S. high court ruled June 6 that people who smoke marijuana because their doctors recommend it can still be prosecuted under federal drug laws, even if their states allow it.

Federal authorities, however, have conceded they are unlikely to prosecute many medicinal marijuana users.

"I'm sure everybody in this room knows at least one person who would have benefited from medical marijuana," Rhode Island state Rep. Thomas Slater, who has cancer, told fellow lawmakers before the vote. Slater said he doesn't use marijuana now but that it could become part of his treatment in the future.

Carcieri, unhappy with the override, said the law fails to provide ways for users to buy marijuana legally and leaves Rhode Islanders open to federal prosecution.

"Users will be forced to purchase marijuana in the illegal street market, putting them at risk and complicating the difficult jobs that our law enforcement personnel must do every day," the governor said.

Tom Riley, a spokesman for the Office of National Drug Control Policy in Washington, said the vote showed "misguided and out-of-touch" views on the harms of marijuana.

"There's this notion from the '60s or the '70s that marijuana is a harmless drug," Riley said. "It's not."
    "Who are all these strange ghosts rooted to the silly little adventure of earth with me?"--Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by Myc0
    As for pain control, I haven't even seen sweet Mary since my SCI, so I can't comment on that aspect.
    Spastic cerebral palsy is not like the spasms you get from SCI... best description I can give is when you s-t-r-e-t-c-h a rubber band and then let it go... the spasticity feels like you are in knots, and hence, the pain. (As a kid, my hips were dislocated due to extreme spasticity.)

The best pharmaceutical drug for it is Valium, a muscle relaxant but of course, highly addictive. Next in line would be Orphenadrine (aka Norgesic)... but both of these drugs give me major bladder control problems and my speech is affected. They relax me TOO much--perfect example of overkill. I don't WANT to take them too much--they are further disabling.

Marijuana is the perfect muscle relaxant with no side effects. (Or rather, I LIKE the side effects, haha.) Because of the muscle relaxation effect, my pain is eradicated, since my pain is caused by spasticity.

Also, it gives me a nice appetite, something that is also a chronic problem for me (neurotic, picky, vegan-obsessive/OCD eating).

I don't know if THC would work as well for SCI or not, since the pain seems caused by a different etiology. Certainly, it would lessen it, since it even lessens headache pain. But I don't know if it would totally eradicate SCI-central pain, as it eradicates my spasticity-related pain.

Its certainly worth trying, though.
    Last edited by MrSoul; 01-11-2006 at 01:17 AM.
    "Who are all these strange ghosts rooted to the silly little adventure of earth with me?"--Jack Kerouac

Pic is backpacking Alaska '93. How about 2012?
    Quote Originally Posted by Myc0
    Cannabis Indica is the primary cash crop as it produces more bud by weight per plant, and delivers a strong body high which many stoners are used to, and thus have come to rely on when judging potency. It's ratio of cbd/cbn's to THC is high, thus producing the expected short term memory loss, and strong body high. Cannabis Sativa is mostly THC with very little cbd/cbn's, so it will leave your mind much clearer yet should produce the best medical benefits. The high is often described as clean and clear, though somewhat pschedelic in large doses. The Indica high is responsible for the foggy, groggy, dopey high usually associated with marijuana; and the Sativa high allows you to be much more alert and functional.
    Thanks MycO! Do you know what component it is, or which type, that relieves increased muscle tone and spasms? I thought I was just caring and worrying less, but have reconsidered the cause of my sudden mobility that day up on the farm...

And I loved that article that I read here yesterday I think about Jesus' power deriving from transdermal herb . Any idea how to get it into that state, and if it might filter some of the effects (like the type of weed distinction), or be healthier?

By the way, any way to know which type you're buying, or only if you grow it yourself?

Blog Entries

Got it!

I found a 'primary caregiver' in my town that delivered 4 brownies within an hour of talking to him. I'll let you know what it does to my pain.

Hoping and praying for relief!
    "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will RUN and not grow weary, they will WALK and not be faint."
    Isaiah 40:29-31