Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Help! Medical Marijuana Options?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Help! Medical Marijuana Options?

My pain has continually worsened over the past almost 9 years of injury. A couple of months ago I went from OxyContin to MS con to see if something new would help change the cycle of hell. I'm now at the end of what I can handle and recently heard about a legal marijuana wafer that Montel Williams takes for his M.S. pain.

Does anyone know of marijuana options other than just toking up with the illegal stuff? Does any of the medical forms work with SCI pain?

Thanks for your help...I'm dying here!

im sorry your pain

i have been injurend for 2 yrs i smoke illeaglly it works for me. i live in texas and doctors were not helping.

Blog Entries

the bad part of the legal forms IF you can get it, they don't have all the various ingredients that make the real thing work better.
    Good luck, be careful. The world ain't the same anymore, can't trust anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnGimp
    Good luck, be careful. The world ain't the same anymore, can't trust anyone.
    And that is truly a great shame. We are watching something beautiful die....shit eh.

Surfcat, check out references to Sativex in this thread:

http://carecure.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55444

I don't think one can get it from Canada (legally) to use here?

Smoking it works, too.
    "Who are all these strange ghosts rooted to the silly little adventure of earth with me?"--Jack Kerouac

I don't believe there is a "legal marijuana wafer". There is Marinol and Sativex, the pharmacautical versions of the active ingredients of herb, but any form of marijuana or THC, it's primary active, ingredient are illegal. Several states have passed medical marijuana laws, but the federal government ignores and over-rides them. I've read about ways to make marijuana "wafers", but they are not legal. There is also a downside to eating marijuana as opposed to smoking it. That is it takes a lot longer to produce an effect. So it is slower, thus making it harder to measure the required dosage. It would be easy to eat to much and end up totally stoned to the point where it's a fairly potent psychedelic and would leave you fairly useless, or you could wait for an hour or so and get no noticeable effect. If smoked you inhale and feel the effects rapidly, thus you stop smoking when you reach the desired effect. There is also a healthy way to inhale that do not harm the lungs. This is called vaporization. The cannabis is chopped fine and placed in the vaporizer, or better yet use keif or hashish. The vaporizer heats the treats to a certain temperature that vaporizes the THC, but does not cause the material to combust and thus produce tar. There are different kinds of vaporizers with different levels of effectiveness, and if the government wasn't spending billions fighting a war against its own citizens who enjoy the beneficial properties of an incredibly useful and benficial plant that God blessed mankind with, it could have spent a little bit of that money perfecting this science and actually REDUCING harm to people. What a radical concept.
    De Omnibus Dubitandum

I have a vaporizer, it does give a good buz but nothing beets smoking it. I wouldn't worry to much about smoking it, just stay away from the cigarets .
    Dave
    C5/C6 complete
    http://www.davegrotzinger.com
    http://www.daves-webdesign.com

"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me guaranteed..." - Eddie Vedder

Smoking may produce a stonier buzz, I believe because you getting more cbd/cbn which is some kind of byproduct of thc, which I believe is responsible for the dopey/stoney/forgetful kind of buzz that has a much stronger "body high". Pure THC on the other hand is thought to produce a cleaner and more energetic cerebral high, and I believe is responsible for the medical benefits. Different strokes and all, but I think a vaporizer would be ideal for someone who is using cannabis for it's medical properties, and isn't seeking a buzz.
    De Omnibus Dubitandum

how do the cheaper testtube vaporizers glass one work?
    cauda equina

I'm not sure if I'm familiar with that type, I'll take a look at it if you post a link
    De Omnibus Dubitandum