View Poll Results: What about a “Cure” in 2006?

Voters
212. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe there will be breakthroughs for a cure for chronic SCI

19 8.96%
  • I believe there will be breakthroughs for a cure for acute SCI

26 12.26%
  • All of the above

48 22.64%
  • None of the above

119 56.13%
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

Thread: What about a “Cure” in 2006?

Quote Originally Posted by Faye
    You just know it's far more spectacular to get a paralyzed person to walk again, than solving a bunch of cognitive problems with head injuries, for example.
    Right, the status between researchers may lay here but there are more peoples with cancer, hearth problems and so on then SCI. They are taking all the researchers, just a few left for us. We need our own researchers in a big collaborating team. An avant-garde research team for fine-tuning therapies for SCI.

To whoever picks apart my words or what not it doesn't matter. The fact remains that talk is cheap here and you can find it a dime a dozen on this forum. I highly doubt I will be sitting here repeating myself on this forum 5 years later without making a substantial contribution. It's time to all come together and really make a difference for ourselves and for this world.
    Last edited by spidergirl; 01-31-2006 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spidergirl
    To whoever picks apart my words or what not it doesn't matter. The fact remains that talk is cheap here and you can find it a dime a dozen on this forum. I highly doubt I will be sitting here repeating myself on this forum 5 years later without making a substantial contribution. It's time to all come together and really make a difference for ourselves and for this world.
    ...How?

Leif,

I have a few ideas.

Let me get back to you on that.

However, I do believe that there are certain scientists working as fast as possible to cure us.

Spidergirl,

Yes, there are scientists working on this, in your backyard in fact. Hans Kierstad at the Reeve-Irvine Research Center in Irvine, CA., and Mark Tuszynski at the University of California in San Diego.

They are both working on SCI and an update from your visit to their centers would be great news for the forum.

http://www.reeve.uci.edu/

http://tuszynskilab.ucsd.edu/

Spidey,

I agree - the race is on.

LOL Schmeky are you asking spidergirl to go or are you already aware of her visiting the centres? If its the former I gotta admire you for your bare-faced cheek!

Quote Originally Posted by spidergirl
    Leif,

I have a few ideas.

Let me get back to you on that.

However, I do believe that there are certain scientists working as fast as possible to cure us.
    Okay

Blog Entries

Spidey, without a doubt, possess the attitude...

that we should all aspire to.
    If not for my obligation to my family, and how little I think of the shit-brained Muslim extremists, (ie; if i could draw, i'd create a characature of their great phophet, Muhummad excreting baby Muslim extremists into their cesspool mosques) I would wrap myself with some C-5 explosive and visit our narrow minded president with the message of how ignorant was his comment regarding ESC research during his State of Union speach, and just how important ESC research funds are in order to help so many, not just us nuts in chairs, but also for conditions soon to inflict GB 41.
    If he still fails to understand, then I can submit the prepared speech and posters, for the media as I hit the ignition mechanism.
    At least I won't have to worry about uti's, pressure ulcers, or Medicare bullshit anymore. Upside to everything, i suppose. I guess I didn't have to be so negative on the Muslims, I know there must be peaceful ones.

Tim C. Have secret service visited your house yet?

Quote Originally Posted by mattblan
    Tim C. Have secret service visited your house yet?
    OMG, you're right, Matt. I hate to break it to you, Tim C, but you may be due some extra special company.