Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What's wrong with you?

I'm changing meds in the middle of the holiday season, so my ass is on fire... I'm out of weed too (stops the burn lickity-split), I'm horny, and am dealing with a wicked case o insomnia.
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by feisty
    I'm changing meds in the middle of the holiday season, so my ass is on fire... I'm out of weed too (stops the burn lickity-split), I'm horny, and am dealing with a wicked case o insomnia.

Damm this SCI that's words men die to hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by duge
    Damm this SCI that's words men die to hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Insomnia and horniness is the absoloute worst combo ever.
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by feisty
    Insomnia and horniness is the absoloute worst combo ever.
    ...depends who's with you
    Han Tacoma

~ Artificial Intelligence is better than none! ~

feisty,
    Quote Originally Posted by feisty on 12-17-2005, 12:32 AM
    Me? I'm not feeling too hot. I think I'm nailing down a flu. And it's a friday night... and my pals aren't on the computer.................

what's wrong with you?

feel free to add your gripes and moans. It feels good to get them out every once in a while.
    ...I have to stop reading the posts backwards. This one deserves a hug
    Han Tacoma

Jadis,
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadis 12-17-2005, 12:58 AM
    My advisor told my fellow classmates that I am not competent enough to be a medical assistant because I am in a wheelchair. She feels I have no right to be in the program, and the physical is set up in such a way to "weed out people like her because she can't stand for 4-8 hours or lift her body weight." She even went further to say--"if I went to a doctor's office and Tanya was my MA, I would demand another medical assistant. No one in a wheelchair has any right to be in this program."

Well, I think she just might get her wish. I can't find any sites to do my externship because I am a "safety hazzard due to the wheelchair."

On a side note, I have some kinda head/chest cold, sore throat, crappy flu thing too.
    after reading feisty's last and first post and making lightness of them I got to yours and it made me very angry. I read subsequent posts supporting you which is nice to see.
    Han Tacoma

Well, I sympathize with you all. What I was planning to post hardly seem important any more and besides, ...I already forgot what it was about
    Han Tacoma

Quote Originally Posted by Diane_C
    What's wrong with me?
    Nothing that a long dirt nap wouldn't take care of. lol

Sick joke I know.
    I've always liked it..

Quote Originally Posted by LaoziSailor
    Jadis,after reading feisty's last and first post and making lightness of them I got to yours and it made me very angry. I read subsequent posts supporting you which is nice to see.
    thank you... sad thing is... I am the best one in the program. I didn't know this until today when my instructor called. She told me that not only am I the highest grade in the class, I am the only one who completed all my competencies right the first time and didn't have to redo any of them.

So much for not being smart enough to be here. I guess she would rather have her blood drawn by the girl that had to do 10 draws, with a CMA telling her step by step, and still can't get it right. We're done with the class. We had our final on Friday. Next, we start in the phlebotomy lab at the hospital after Christmas. I feel bad for the patients who come in for blood draws. Not only will the draws not go well, I have a feeling that a lot of them will be coming back for second draws due to screwed up specimens.

I am so close to throwing my hands up and saying "forget it" but it's not in my nature to quit. I am calling the AAMA on Tuesday to see what rights I have and see if her physical form is legal. Monday I have my coding internship in the morning and then my CPR/First Aid recertification class in the afternoon.

I have decided that I am going to schedule my externship sites and not tell them about the chair. That way, I am "in" somewhere. I will deal with the fallout later. I am picking newly-constructed buildings, so I know they are accessible. I have always thought I would be able to get a site, and once I got in the door, I would be able to prove I could do it. I wasn't prepared for this. They don't have to pay me. I just need 54 hours of time at their facility. Every facility has stated that they will take students, so they have no grounds for refusing me -- atleast they don't in my opinion.

Sorry to hear about all the bad stuff Jadis!!!!! Truly sounds like a case of discrimination to me. The ab's have shown me enough of their failures. If I were in need I would truly let you work on me anytime!!!!!!!