Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hong Kong

Hong Kong

Arrived late for the ISCITT Syposium. After two hard weeks in the Philippines the dang Manila traffic hosed me again. Anyway, I'm now situated in my room and loving the high speed internet and mini-bar. Couldn't believe I had a matching AC adapter with me.

This is my room ......
    Last edited by Jeff Weeks; 12-16-2005 at 01:16 PM.

Great Jeff,

I just wanted to post a pic of world time zones (I hope it's Ok) so that peoples can check out their time to watch the symposium starting December 17. @ 8:30 a.m. HKT

Here is also a link to the webcast; http://iscitt.org/webcast.htm

And here is a time zone calculator; http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html
    Type Honk Kong in city 1, and your place in city 2.

I would also like to use this opportunity to forward my best wishes to Dr. Wise Young and also the other researchers and peoples (like your self Jeff) that is travelling all over this earth attending this symposium in their great effort to discuss and hopefully find means to help peoples with SCI. Thanks a lot.

And take good care of the high speed mini-bar

Leif
    Last edited by Leif; 12-16-2005 at 02:43 PM.

Thanks, Leif!

It was a great day of meetings yesterday. I'm sure we'll eventually start a Cure Forum topic.

Last night WTO protestors caused our 20" shuttle ride to be 1'40" due to traffic from street closures. Never did get to see any rioting up close. Just having a great time with ProfessirX, Jahid, et al.

Last edited by Jeff Weeks; 12-17-2005 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Weeks
    It was a great day of meetings yesterday. I'm sure we'll eventually start a Cure Forum topic.
    Looking forward to the topic. Any breaking news so far – anybody walking yet?

Yeah, the WTO protestors have had a ball there, but they are done now as I understand. Maybe we should ask them if they will help us a little bit with the SCI case.

Enjoy your time over there guys.

Oh my gosh. Jersey goes to Hong Kong. Jeff, don't get Richard and Jahid in trouble!!!

If you don't mind, can you please all give each other a hug for me, ok?

I arrived at the airport ticket counter at 9:30 for my 10:15 flight..... still groggy from sleeping the whole way in the cab. Damn morning was hell.

"Sir, you only have 15" to get to the gate. No one here to take you. Everyone busy. You take later flight, okay? Much better, no rush."

"When is the next flight?"

"We have so many. Just a minute......"

Well, she plodded along behind the computer for ten minutes and then left! Someone else came over and explained that my flight was closing and I was booked for the afternoon. Arrrggghhh. Also, the afternoon flight stops in Vancouver. Double arrrrggghhhhh........ $@^#!#%@#!!

So, I'm chilling with earl gray tea, banana bread and free wi-fi in the airport. Dog gone it. After three weeks I wanna go home.

This was my chill location for a few hours. Wi-fi [and Pop-eye's] made it bearable.

Ben & Jerry's was helpful, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Leif
    Great Jeff,

Leif

That was a great source of information you posted to help understand the time zones, i didn't have a way to show others and this would of been a great way.