Thread: suprapubic stoma site pain

Cool suprapubic stoma site pain

I have a constant pain at my suprapubic stoma stoma site. There's no leaking and I have no other UTI type symptons. What is the average catheter size for a suprapubic catheter? I have a 22. Could the pain be a UTI or bladder infection?

Does it look irritated in anyway around the stoma? urine look ok?
    size varies- 22 is pretty average. How large is the baloon? you might try turning the tube. Sometimes it will get stuck or be irritating a particular spot. Time for a replacement?
    CWO

Cool site pain

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse
    Does it look irritated in anyway around the stoma? urine look ok?
    size varies- 22 is pretty average. How large is the baloon? you might try turning the tube. Sometimes it will get stuck or be irritating a particular spot. Time for a replacement?
    CWO
    It doesn't look irratated and my urine looks fine. Clear and good output. I have a size 22 now but started 3 months ago with a 18. It due for change 1/5. They want to increase the size to 24 but I don't know about that now.

Jimi........i have the same problem. when cleaning of the sp stoma area every night i feel very sensitive and sometimes AD symptoms (sweating mostly). it is just really uncomfortable. my sp tube is a 24fr and is changed every 2 weeks. i have used a presceription cream called micalog cream which helps, but i heard you shouldn't use it long term.....
    "The Task Ahead Of You, Is Never As Great As The Power Within You" www.chrisskinner.org

The 24 would be a smaller diameter, if you are not leaking around the catheter this might be less irritating for you.

CWO