Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New York "Rally For The Cure", Saturday June 10, Winter Garden in New York City

Two things...

1) Seriously though, is this rally only about SCI or stem cells in general or what? I ask because I have CP; I do receive regular emails about stem cell research from CP organizations, so many CP advocates DO feel this is also about us--whether that seems like an intrusive question or not (don't mean it that way).

2) I have friends working for a health-supplement company in NY who might be willing to contribute a basket, who should they contact? And would supplements (amino acids, vitamins, etc) be welcome?

Thanks,
    TJ
    "Who are all these strange ghosts rooted to the silly little adventure of earth with me?"--Jack Kerouac

I cant wait until june i was at the last rally and that is where i met DR. WISE i already started to get donations and cant wait. It will be great to meet everyone from care cure who attends.
    For every minute you're angry you lose a second of happiness

why do I feel

I'm always out of the loop on these things? I live in NY have a SCI ...

How does one find out about costs?

Joe
    And the truth shall set you free.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDecafPlz
    How does one find out about costs?

Joe
    Joe,

People who raise money for the rally, any amount of money, can attend. Many people raised $50 or whatever they can. They submit pledges to Patricia Morton at the W. M. Keck Center for Collaborative Neuroscience. If they achieve what they pledge, that is great. If not, that is also great.

You can do this by email, phone, or mail. The contact information is at http://keck.rutgers.edu/contact/contact.html

The amounts that you raise will be tax deductable and contributed to the Spinal Cord Injury Project at Rutgers University.

Wise.
    Last edited by Wise Young; 12-27-2005 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSoul
    1) Seriously though, is this rally only about SCI or stem cells in general or what? I ask because I have CP; I do receive regular emails about stem cell research from CP organizations, so many CP advocates DO feel this is also about us--whether that seems like an intrusive question or not (don't mean it that way).

2) I have friends working for a health-supplement company in NY who might be willing to contribute a basket, who should they contact? And would supplements (amino acids, vitamins, etc) be welcome?

Thanks,
    TJ
    MrSoul,

This is a rally to benefit spinal cord injury research and anything that affect the spinal cord. I believe that the research is relevant to people with cerebral palsy as well. It is an opportunity for the community to get together and to meet each other, as well as raise some money.

Thank you very much for the suggestion of a health-food supplement company contributing a basket. Write to Patricia Morton at SCIProject@biology.rutgers.edu and she can help you further to figure out the best way that they can contribute.

Wise.
    Last edited by Wise Young; 12-27-2005 at 07:36 PM.

There is a strong chance that I may be in NYC in June - can someone from outside the States come to the rally? Just wondering. It would be nice to have the chance to meet other CCers if I am there.

Quote Originally Posted by carbar
    There is a strong chance that I may be in NYC in June - can someone from outside the States come to the rally? Just wondering. It would be nice to have the chance to meet other CCers if I am there.
    carbar, of course people from outside the US come to the rally! You would be very welcome indeed. We had people from Norway and Canada, and possibly other places come to the rally last year. Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz321
    I'm always out of the loop on these things? I live in NY have a SCI ...
    Liz, you can email Ptaricia Morton at the address Wise posted below and ask to be put on the SCI Project's mailing list.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Wise or Patricia

Would it be possible for you guys to come up with some kind of raffle? between work and all the people I know I could sell tons of raffle tickets.

Jack
    "Stand strong in the storms of life,The sun will always shine on you" Kid Rock