Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New York "Rally For The Cure", Saturday June 10, Winter Garden in New York City

Quote Originally Posted by bigbob
    Thats a important thing to note, you really don't know much about this event. So, with that in mind, I hope this Rally for the Cure isn't billed as a rally by and for the sci community themselves as the last one was.

Other than that, I hope it turns out well and raises enough funds so Dr. Young can deliver the miracle cure.
    And people tell me to turn down my bluntness...

Yes, except for 2002 when the Winter Garden was still in ruins after 9-11 the annual gala/rally to raise funds in the NYC area has been there.

The actual name of the center is the Keck Center for COLLABORATIVE Neuroscience.

From the TMA site linked below and to even things up since you seem to believe that Rutgers is the only university that raises funds for research..:

The 2006 Rare Neuroimmunologic Disorders Symposium will be held in Baltimore, MD - Wednesday, July 19 - Sunday, July 23. (Sue here=Formerly this was known simply as the Transverse Myelitis Symposium. I'll be there, will you?)

We wanted to get you the dates as soon as we had them, so that you could add them to your calendars.

It will be jointly sponsored by the Transverse Myelitis Association, Project RESTORE/Johns Hopkins.

It is likely that Wednesday will be the registration/reception day with the presentations starting on Thursday morning.

More information will be posted here when I (meaning Jim Lubin) have it.
    http://www.myelitis.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1312
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by DA
    yeah, DC is where the power is. this is a rally not a vacation.
    DA, for those who go to New York the funds we riase and the video clips are done before we arrive. Once the evening festivities are over and those with blessedly large hearts and pockets leave we can then go out together with our CC buds. It's a good time to meet people you have only met via the net or phone before. And as one quad said last year, "you know you're with friends when you can order buffalo wings and eat them at the bar instead of taking them home and wrapping yourself in a dish towel before chowing down."

So for those who can make it there is a little time after Wise, hopefully, gives us all an update on where things stand around the world to get to the rally. Once the rally is over this is many peoples' only vacation because of family budgets. And it is very near to ferries to Liberty Island and many family attractions.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Aw, man, my sister is getting married the next weekend and it's an Indian-Philipino-Czech wedding which means it's gonna be a three week long event most likely.

I'm gonna try and see if I can sneak out for a day or two

Is this the one where a ticket is $200-$500?

This is what I was talking about Spiney.

Joe
    And the truth shall set you free.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbob
    Last years Rally for the Cure was billed as a rally for and by the people with sci. It was a well orchestrated event all but completely worked out before the announcement of the event was made . . . it's kinda funny, the rally that was actually supposed to be a grassroots rally(april 12) was reported in Esquire to be Led by Dr. Young...
    Bob, you need a new conspiracy, dude. This one's old and boring. Why not sniff out CC fakers instead

I kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton
    DA, for those who go to New York the funds we riase and the video clips are done before we arrive. Once the evening festivities are over and those with blessedly large hearts and pockets leave we can then go out together with our CC buds. It's a good time to meet people you have only met via the net or phone before. And as one quad said last year, "you know you're with friends when you can order buffalo wings and eat them at the bar instead of taking them home and wrapping yourself in a dish towel before chowing down."

So for those who can make it there is a little time after Wise, hopefully, gives us all an update on where things stand around the world to get to the rally. Once the rally is over this is many peoples' only vacation because of family budgets. And it is very near to ferries to Liberty Island and many family attractions.
    sue, we already have a date so everyone can meet. the post cure cruise and the wheelchair bon fire.

Is this the same location where the last rally was? At any rate I'm in

Jack
    "Stand strong in the storms of life,The sun will always shine on you" Kid Rock

Quote Originally Posted by jack9166
    Is this the same location where the last rally was? At any rate I'm in

Jack
    Jack, we will be renting the Winter Garden again in the World Financial Center next to Ground Zero. Now that people know the place, it should be easier to arrange. Wise.

Will we be getting a group rate at Embassy Suites again? I think this time I will fly to NY and stay in the city.

Jack
    "Stand strong in the storms of life,The sun will always shine on you" Kid Rock

Sounds good, I will be there for sure. Got some donations set up already.