Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New York "Rally For The Cure", Saturday June 10, Winter Garden in New York City

New York "Rally For The Cure", Saturday June 10, Winter Garden in New York City

SAVE THE DATE!!! START WATCHING FOR BARGAIN AIRFARES!!! AND BEGIN YOUR FUND-RAISING ACTIVITY!! RALLY FOR THE CURE WILL BE SATURDAY, JUNE 10TH AT THE WINTER GARDEN IN NEW YORK CITY!!!

Early next year, the Rally for the Cure website will become operational and mailings will go out with more information.

Start thinking about possible corporate sponsors in your community.
    Start thinking about great silent auction and raffle items you could get.
    Start thinking about how you will earn tickets to attend.
    Start thinking about having a great time with this amazing community!!

See You At the Rally!

Persist ... in Hope,

See http://www.rallyforthecure.org/ for more information.

Patricia
    Last edited by Wise Young; 03-31-2006 at 05:45 AM.

That's close to me. So I guess I will be attending, well I hope I can.

Excellent!

That would make the nearest penthouse......

where?

J.
    And the truth shall set you free.

Huh??
    Death and taxes

Quote Originally Posted by Cspine
    Huh??
    Yes, I second that Cspine. What happened to DC? Who is organizing this rally? I need details... details, details.

I'll be there. Just hope this doesn't include a field trip to Connecticut...
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Thank you Patricia

Quote Originally Posted by jplw
    Yes, I second that Cspine. What happened to DC? Who is organizing this rally? I need details... details, details.
    Different kind of Rally Joe and Spiney. This one raises funds while rallies in DC raise awareness. Actually I hope both raise awareness but that is the basic difference, research and therapy funds versus votes.

So this one is held where we can raise the most money. Look around at home where you go for dinner, drinks, upscale pool hall, etc and ask if you can set out a big old jar with a Rally For The Cure signature on it. Drop a few bucks in to get people started. Haggle a gift basket from your organic fruit stand guy for the silent auction. Anyone here a Mary Kay rep? Uhuh, gift baskets are great. So are art items and signed anythings from rock stars. Know a good resort? Ask them to donate, tax deductible, a weekend at their place. Ask your church to do a pancake breakfast with the proceeds going to the Rally. Overactive grade schoolers you know? Help them organize a jump rope or hop a thon.

I'm sure we'll get more details like which hotels have the best rates for those who want to attend and party down afterwards as the New Year chimes in. Oh, and I believe the Keck Center is the sponsor of the annual Winter Garden Rally.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

yeah, DC is where the power is. this is a rally not a vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton
    Oh, and I believe the Keck Center is the sponsor of the annual Winter Garden Rally.
    Thats a important thing to note, you really don't know much about this event. So, with that in mind, I hope this Rally for the Cure isn't billed as a rally by and for the sci community themselves as the last one was.

Other than that, I hope it turns out well and raises enough funds so Dr. Young can deliver the miracle cure.
    Don't ignore the Reeve Legacy, Remember he and Dana supported open research and fought hard for ESCR

StemCellBattles

Support H.R. 810