Thread: Automatic password Entries

Automatic password Entries

As a quad with limited hand use, I sometimes find it difficult to enter my usernames and passwords. I recently came across a piece of software that automates that process. It is called Roboforms, http://www.roboform.com/. Roboforms will automatically enter your username and password when you visit a website requiring it. It also will fill in information such as your name, address, phone numbers etc, when you visit a website requiring this data to order products or to join a group. The program and password data is located on your computer so there is no security issue.

This software is free for use up to ten passwords, and cost $30.00 for unlimited passwords.
    mike

Blog Entries
    You should be able to do that with your browser also. I use OPERA which will do it. You also can use voice commands, with it, to control your surfing. This, among a zillion other things, is what makes it the best browser out there on windows machines in my opinion.
    Find it at www.opera.com it is FREE by the way.
    I personally do not store sensitive information of any type on my windows operating system. If I were you and wanted to store sensitive info for ease of surfing/ filling out forms, I would set up a dual boot system with some version of linux.

Why waste money on software and operating systems?
    Go linux.
    Free.

The google toolbar has a very nice automated form and username/password fill and is free http://toolbar.google.com
    When installing do not install advanced features it gives info back to google.
    Teyrn

Automatic Password entries

CapnGimp

Thanks for the feedback. After reading your post I downloaded Opera and was impressed with what it had to offer. You are correct, there is so much available in freeware that it makes no sense to pay for software, but you do have to be careful with what you download. I subscribe to PCWorld and it frequently has some good suggestions regarding freeware.
    mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike
    As a quad with limited hand use, I sometimes find it difficult to enter my usernames and passwords. I recently came across a piece of software that automates that process. It is called Roboforms, http://www.roboform.com/. .
    i have full use and this is one program that was worth the 30 bucks.
    i cant get it to work on the new firefox yet.

i have it working with firefox 1.5 now
    Last edited by metronycguy; 12-14-2005 at 12:39 PM.
    cauda equina

Use on Firefox

metronycguy, for $30.00 you get unlimited technical on line support. I think that they can solve your problem.
    mike

thanks mike, i got it to work, i just had to follow the instructons, i forgot to uninstall the older extension for roboform first.
    they have a portable robo that loads into a usb thumb drive, this is great to securely use on other computers.
    i have had the pro version for a couple years , probably the best software i bought
    cauda equina