Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question on razors

Question on razors

My aide shaves me with a Gillette razor. I'm thinking about getting a electric shaver you can use in the shower. Do any of you have one and do you like it? I figured that I would just shower and shave at the same time.

Chad uses this (well, I use it on him ). We've had it for over a year now and it works like a champ. It is totally waterproof and it charges on a little stand.

http://tinyurl.com/8x5ma

You can buy replacement inserts for the squirting gel stuff, but THIS shaving gel is the cat's meow, best ever shaving cream in the whole world (even though you didn't ask ):

http://tinyurl.com/cc7th

You can buy replacement shaver heads for the razor, but we used it for about a year before we replaced them. There is a newer version of it out now that is about $130. I don't know the difference, but the one we have (about $90) is terrific.

Ami
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Can you buy the shaving gel in the store

Walmart and drug stores carry the replacement packs that are designed to go in the razor, but they are pricey ($6/pack which last only a few days). Kiss my Face stuff I've never seen in a store, but at drugstore.com shipping is free for >$50 purchase. They also give you a percentage of your purchase back once a quarter as "drugstore.com dollars" that you can use towards a purchase the next quarter. So it's actually not a bad deal at all. Amazon may carry Kiss my Face, I haven't checked, and they have free shipping over $25.

Let me know how you like the gel if you end up getting it. It's very different from traditional gel, it doesn't foam up much, but it's super slick and makes shaving soooo easy.

You can buy replacement blades at any discount/drug store. They were about $20 I think?? They weren't much and as I said, they last a year, or did for us.

Ami
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

I have the step down from the razor that Ami & Chad use....Mine doesn't have a base to sit on to charge, but it is waterproof. It also uses the lotion/gel packets. I like them(as I said before to someone who asked, maybe you??) for myself. However being a girl, I use it on my legs.... It does work nicely and I do use it in the shower. it's nice that I can use it in there and not have to worry about having to shave my legs before getting in. I hope that that this is helpful for you.
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

I have that Norelco as well. It works pretty good and I get all the replacement stuff for it off of ebay.

What's the difference with shaving with the lotion vs. the gel?

I've never used the stuff that Ami & Chad use, so I don't know. I think the stuff that I refer to as lotion might be the same stuff that she refers to as gel....it comes in little squeeze packets that go right into the razor body and you press a button to release it...I'm not sure if it's the same though, I'd have to do a lil more research...I like the lotion tho, it's really smooth and doesn't gunk up....I hope that this helps some....
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

I've used my new razor and love it. My face is soft as a baby's butt.

so adam what razor did ya get?
    Daniel