Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how good electric leg bag drainers work

how good electric leg bag drainers work

can anyone relay any info. how good electric leg bag drainers work,appreciate any comments.

Electric Leg Bag Emptiers

Cinci,

I've had a electric leg bag emptier for almost a year now and it has been great. I can't believe I waited so long to have one. I no longer have to depend on someone else to empty my leg bag. I definately tend to drink more now too. I've got the 21th Century Electric Leg Bag Emptier 2. Here is the website where I got mine:
    http://www.wheelchairs.com/indexframeset.htm

Tim

when choosing one make sure to get the one where the tube goes through it and not the one where the urine flows through the whole thing. Those ones tend to rust and short out.

for sale

I have a brand new, never used, never taken out of box electric leg bag opener which hooks to your battery of chair. If anyone is interested in purchasing please let me know, I'll provide the specifics. Thanks

please post, or email Lizbv@woh.rr.com

[This message was edited by Lizbv on Dec 31, 2002 at 10:06 AM.]

Okay, y'all - pretend I'm from another planet and have never heard of electric leg bag emptiers - and also pretend I'm a C4-5 quad. Can you take me step by step through the mechanisms of how the emptier operates? Thanks!

Marmalady

I have a latex tube on the out flow valve of the leg bag, the opener is a simple squeeze valve that is operated by a microswitch I placed behind my joy stick. When the bag is full I press the switch and piss myself off.

Um, Thanks Ben! Seriously, where does the bag empty into?

The tubing goes through the pinch valve and then continues down the leg. Most people position it behind their shoe so that it hangs behind their wheelchair foot pedal. To use it, you either find a flower bed that looks like it needs "watering" or empty it in the gutter or find a good floor drain to position over (the latter will work in some public restrooms, so you don't have to go outdoors in bad weather).

(KLD)

Electric Leg Bag Emptier

How about when your legs spasm? I fear if my legs start "tap dancing" that the tube will pull out of the pinching device or right off the leg bag. Is this a concern?

Originally posted by Chunkyvomit:

How about when your legs spasm? I fear if my legs start "tap dancing" that the tube will pull out of the pinching device or right off the leg bag. Is this a concern?
    it squeezes it tight enough it shouldn't come out and the tube streches but someone may have to adjust it every now and then