Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Farted.

My mom grew up near you in Pampa TX. She used to say it was raining frogs. I thought it was a figure of speech until I learned that on rare occasions out there, it really does rain frogs. I learned that from a woman in Conroe TX that saw it happen. Guess where? Pampa TX! For some reason that amazed me more than the frogs raining down.

Did you ever see the movie Magnolia? At the end hundreds of huge frogs rain from the sky. Even though a lot of people thought it was too weird of a move I liked it. Great cast and Aimee Mann soundtrack.
    The term Dave's uses for farting is "stepping on a duck."

Weird things happen in Pampa (just don't tell my hubby I said that since his grandparents live there!). I bet they were toads instead of frogs - I've never seen a frog in the wild in the panhandle - only toads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdosFV_b1LA&NR=1

One of the best video titles ever, imo.

I posted the same one

So, when it comes to farting, I guess there is really nothing you can do to stop it. I can't stand this, it is soooooo embarrassing. I have an old high school classmate that has been coming to visit me and spend time with me recently. I haven't seen him since 1988 and when I finally do see him my body decides that it wants to produce the fart that never ends and I'm sitting there in my mind silently screaming Dear God, please don't let this be happening as I sit there and pretend that I don't know that my pooting sounds like someone is applauding with hand claps and does not want to stop. Thank God it didn't smell, he probably would have never returned. But what is funny to me now is how when it does happen like that, the other person tends to sometimes act as though they didn't hear it as well, when they had to be deaf not to. He sat there acting as if ignoring it would somehow make it undo what happened. I think I would have preferred if he acknowledged it by laughing or something. Now if I am feeling really gassy, I create some illness as to why he can't come over.

BEST.THREAD.EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love the farts that just lift me up from my chair.

how apropo that i have been farting the whole time i was reading this
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

I just blame it on the other person before they can do or say anything

Breaks the ice, and puts them at ease (usually)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffie View Post
    So, when it comes to farting, I guess there is really nothing you can do to stop it. I can't stand this, it is soooooo embarrassing. I have an old high school classmate that has been coming to visit me and spend time with me recently. I haven't seen him since 1988 and when I finally do see him my body decides that it wants to produce the fart that never ends and I'm sitting there in my mind silently screaming Dear God, please don't let this be happening as I sit there and pretend that I don't know that my pooting sounds like someone is applauding with hand claps and does not want to stop. Thank God it didn't smell, he probably would have never returned. But what is funny to me now is how when it does happen like that, the other person tends to sometimes act as though they didn't hear it as well, when they had to be deaf not to. He sat there acting as if ignoring it would somehow make it undo what happened. I think I would have preferred if he acknowledged it by laughing or something. Now if I am feeling really gassy, I create some illness as to why he can't come over.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    Did you ever see the movie Magnolia? At the end hundreds of huge frogs rain from the sky. Even though a lot of people thought it was too weird of a move I liked it. Great cast and Aimee Mann soundtrack.
    The term Dave's uses for farting is "stepping on a duck."
    My dad always used that one! Steppin on a duck!