Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shower Chair Question

Shower Chair Question

I'm looking to buy a shower chair. I searched through the old threads and saw the main chair of choice was the Active-Aid. Is this still the case? Have more people tried the Invacare Mariner? My insurance doesn't cover anything for the bathroom. I can get a Mariner for $600 versus $1400 for an Active-Aid. I also saw the Etac but the Etac's seat isn't padded so that's out of the question. Are there any other chairs anyone can recommend?

Do you us your shower chair just to shower or for your BP also? I appealed ins. not paying for mine because I use it for my BP therefor making it a necessity. Just a thought. I now have the active aid my only complaint is that when I got mine they did not hae the folding model which I need for traveling.
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

You can get a padded seat cushion for the Etac...I love the etac chair. They offer a ROHO cushion for it, but it is expensive for the ROHO. Appeal your insurance company for your shower chair, especially if you get a rolling one for bp too.... The model of etac I got it the Etac Clean and I got the contour seat cushion....
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Thanks for the appeal idea. My insurance is pretty strict when it comes to the shower chair. Its weird. I can get a new chair about every year and half or so if I wanted, but the shower chair is always a problem. I'll try the BP angle though.

Do the arms fold up on that Etac chair? cause i really like the looks of that..

Shaun-
    They pop up and swing out of the way. It's a really nice feature b/c you can pull it right off the chair if you want or just rotate it around the back side so you can transfer w/out hitting it.
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

I have the Mariner and like it a lot. It's sturdy and comfortable. I had a new seat made with more padding since the factory seat was quite hard. The armrests flip back too.

Ive got the Mariner also..but the wheels are so far back ive always found it a bastard to push.All the self propelled chairs have the wheels to far back,why cant they make one more like a normal chair,huh? Why? Why damnit?

That Etac looks a little better..Whats that chair like for pushin Chelle,huh? Tell me? tell me now? huh?

Ive been searchin for a decent,comfortable,practical shower chair for 7yrs..

I have used the InvaCare Shower/Shit chair for over 10 years. The handles comes off easily and I can maneuver myself rather easily. Have you looked at that? It's about $700 and comes with a reasonably soft cushion.

Where can I see a pic of the etac chair?
    Mary
    I want to Rock you Gypsy soul and together we will flow into the Mystic.
    Van Morrison