Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you take??

What do you take??

Hi. I 'm 6 yeras after an accident ( spinal cord injury - C2/C3) and I have neuropatic pain. I take Tramal - for pain and Myolastan - for spastic. I would like to know what do you take? Maybe I should try something else. I'm going to go to my doctor 19th December so till this time maybe you will write me something new and what I sholud try? Thanks Dorota

medication

are these meds not working for you? If not, Lyrica is the new drug of choice.also the old stand by Neurontin .But if your meds are working , dont fix something that aint broke .

100 mg Ultram every 4-6 hrs. Sometimes, I add 2 tylenol to that, which is like taking "Ultracet." I don't do it all the time, but only when the Ultram wears out before the pain does, plus it's cheaper doing it that way than buying the Rx for Ultracet.

900 mg Neurontin 3x a day worked great for the burning pain. I have been on it for seven years and needed to take a break from it for now. I'm not taking anything in it's place bc my doctor is an ass. He says "neurontin is all there is, so you have to have spinal shots now." I just grit my teeth and deal.

Zanaflex: 4mg at 8 pm & 2 pm, 8mg at 9pm & 2 pm.

That's all I am taking right now. I used to rotate Lortab 10/650s with the ultram when the ultram stopped working, but I have built up a tolerance to the lortabs. Another case of my doctor saying "there's nothing else to try" so I am stuck.

meds

Oh there are a bunch of others to try

oh I know there is, he is just being a lazy ass.

We don't have that meds here. I think Tramal is the same as Nobligan, tramadol is the drug involved. Myolastan, I can't find it in the Med book.

I take mostly clonazepam every night, the Norwegian name is Rivotril. And then I take Nobligan or Oxinorm if neccessery.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Tramal and myolastan are good for me but I heard that the best way is to change samtetimes drugs. I don't know. Myolastan I check on the box it is : TETRAZEPAMUM . Maybe you will find it now. I see that most of people with spinal cord injuries take Neurotin,. Zanaflex it's made by Acorda?? How much it cost in USA??

[QUOTE=Dorota

I have tried Neurontin, I hated it. Made me dizzy and sick so I prefer the clonazepam. Your myolastan is an azepam, I think the azepampills is mostly relaxing the muscles. In Norway a lot of people with SCI use Valium together with Baclofen for spasms and Valium is a diazepam. The bad thing with azepam drugs are that you are easy dependent and it is difficult to stop.

Looks like we are on about the same drugs. Maybe it is the European way to fight neuropatic pain.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Yes I supPose that in Europe we have different drugs for sapstic. In Poland thay also give you: Sirdalud, Relanium, Myolatsan. I had good results when I take 5mg relanium with 100mg tramal. It's the best for me. After myolastan I'm always sleepy. They talk that Myolanstan is the best in spastic I really don't see it only price I heard about Zanaflex that it's good drug but I suppose that it's expensive drug that why I asked Jadis how much he pays for it? I am leaving home tomoorow so I will check what you write here on Thuesday. It's almost 9 p.m in Poland so I'm going to bed.

40 mg Valium with a mix of beer. Do not mix grapefruit juice it keeps the V's from breaking down