Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Lyrica

Lyrica

Ive been using Baclofen for pain for about 1 1/2 years, it works pretty well, but now my Dr. thinks I should try Lyrica, thinking it will have less side effects. He thinks baclofen is a "dirty drug" and lyrica is cleaner, but after reading the side effects of lyrica I am nervous about trying it. It seems to have a lot more side effects. Has anyone ever used Lyrica? Should I try it or just stick with what works? I am on 40mg a day of baclofen, is that a lot? Any thoughts would help.

Thanks

i really dont think lyrica has that many side effects, at least it doesnt have the sleepiness of neurontin, and i dont get the carb cravings. the good things about these meds is IMO they are much easier to come off of than narcotics. i only tried baclophen for a short peroid, its a much older med.
    itd a anti spasm drug i think. zanaflex is the newer version of anti spasm i think. i dont beleive lyrica is a anti spasm
    cauda equina

Yes your right Baclofen is an antispasm med, but for some reason it works for pain for me, dont know why. I guess I am a little nervous about switching to a new drug, I was wondering if anyone else has tried lyrica. Sounds like it might be worht a try with less side effects, but when you read the drug information sheets some of the stuff on there can be downright scary.

Lyrica

I Just Got Off Licra And Had Bad Sides.i Tryed To Stay With It As Long As I Could Because It Took Away The Burning In My Feet I Was So Happy That The Burning Was Gone. After About 4 Days My Vision Was So Blurry Coudent Read Or Watch Tv. Then Confusion And Headaches Started Tryed To Stay With It But Coudent Drive And No Way Am I Going To Not Have That Freedom.it Took Me Several Days To Get Back To Old Self.i Have A Pump In And It Works Much Better Than Pills For Control Of Spasams.bacoflin Has Never Helped My Pain.

I'm in the process of figuring out if Lyrica is causing pain in my gums.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

I take zanaflex and baclofen for spasms. I take morphine for pain. It works very well. It dosent make me sleepy, for some reason I cant fall asleep too easily. I take remeron and ambien for sleep at night and still have problems falling asleep.

Hi I took Bacoflen too and it worked good for a while , then stopped . I am now on Flexerill . I am hearing some good things about Lyrica . My dr. asked me if I wanted to try it , but I am on Ameritriptiline for now and it works . So if It aint broke dont try to fix it. I may try Lyrica in the furture.
    Last edited by razzle51; 12-05-2005 at 05:52 PM.

I think i agree, if it aint broke dont try and fix it, im not sure why my doctor had an aversion to Baclofen, but I am now down to only 20mg a day and my pain seems to be tolerable, I have no idea why it works for me but it does so i am going to stay with it.

Thanks all.

Lyrica

well i decided to try this Lyrica and boy was I FLYING AROUND THIS AM . ENERGY I couldnt believe it . Did it effect you that way the first time you tried it. I cleaned 3 rooms and did the floor in the bathroom . wow .

i wish! but i find lyrica a lot less problematic than neurontin, i have more energy and less sleepiness, with neurontin i never had a hard time sleeping,
    with lyrica i still need to take a sleep med, the oxycodone i take at night wakes me up.
    cauda equina