Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Naughty caregiver ... or not

Yeah, dude there is no way I would let a guy give me a hard on. I don't think it's about being homophobic at all and I'm sure if it was a girl giving you a stiffy then I'm sure your girlfriend would definitely have a different opinion on it. She wouldn't want another girl giving you a stiffy so why a guy?

I hated having a male nurse help me out while I was in the rehab hospital. It just didn't feel right having a guy touching my bits. When it was too busy I had no other choice though.

If I had no choice and I couldn't find anyone else I would have told him the first time not to scrub my rod to the point of a rock hard diggler. Who cares if he does a good job and is respectful, if you don't want someone doing something to you then you need to tell the person not to do it. Just tell him in a nice way that it kind of makes you uncomfortable when he gets you hard even though he is just making sure that your clean.

I let nurses in the rehab hospital push me around and tell me what to do for too long and then I lost it on them which I didn't like doing but it worked. Shit, before my accident I was telling people twice my age what to do in the oilfield occupation I was in. Like fuck I was going to let some over paid rude nurses that thought they were the bosses treat me like that. I was a mentally competent adult and quite capable of making my own choices. After that I seemed to get respect from them, to my face anyway, if they talked behind my back or thought I was a dick well too bad for them. I got what I wanted the way I wanted and that's the way it should be.

fuentejps, your opinion has nothing to do with sugercoating and everything to do with making yourself seem superior over others. We got it you can take great care of yourself for the level of injury you are and that's great but you aren't in his shoe's or anyone else's. I would love to be as physically strong as you are and I wish I was able to cath myself too but at the moment I can't and that sucks but I'm nowhere near lazy. So can you take in to consideration the feelings of the people asking for helpful information?

It's not aversion to sugar coating. It is attempt at validation to compensate for inadequacy.

I say go with your gut. I think it's trying to tell you something. I also think Marm's suggestion is good. Have your GF in the room next bath time and see if he still gets you "as clean". Personally, if someone made me that uncomfortable I'd just get rid of them. Whether he means anything "by it" or not, he makes you uncomfortable and THAT is what is most important. It does not matter if he has green eyes and something about green eyes creeps you out. It doesn't matter WHAT the reason is. He is paid to take care of your needs and NOT make you uncomfortable, for ANY reason. And also, think of this--sometimes a respectful attitude is a cover for something beneath the surface. Not all people who ACT nice, are ACTUALLY nice people. Just something to think about.

Northquad/Dave--nice post!

fuente--I like you a lot , but that post of your's hurts me. I have a friend who's level is C6 and he can't do a damn thing for himself yet. He's not lazy either. He's working his ass off, every day, to get better. Everybody's different.
    "I just want you to know, it was the best time ever." J.F.F.

it is what it is.......it was my opinion, i said it and meant it.

wm, your correct , everyone is different. im assuming your buddy is newly injured, and w/ his hard work he will gain his independance.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

You need to follow your gut. I think we have more problems from trying to ignore our instincts. Instincts are some primordial sixth sense deal imo, don't try to logic them and ignore them at your peril.

Fuentes is pretty brutal but a lot of the time he's right. The more independence you scratch out the better you'll feel, we can all testify to that. Do your best. That's what you owe yourself.

no, he's not brutal at all...
    rather, just ignorant about SCI and about health in general, including a lack of understanding of physiology and body mechanics.

No one argues issue about being independent as possible. So THAT is moot point.
    Last edited by chick; 11-29-2005 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chick
    no, he's not brutal at all...
    rather, just ignorant about SCI and about health in general, including a lack of understanding of physiology and body mechanics.

No one argues issue about being independent as possible. So THAT is moot point.
    chick, we can agree to disagree. you have your ways, i have mine.

im not going to attack you, just not the way i treat little women. so go ahead say what you like.

i speak my mind, and have no regrets for doing so.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Not an attack Fuentes. Just an opinion and a statement of fact

I would never attack jiggle belied heavyset men.

I speak my mind. Have no regrets.

We share this in common.

Is this where we kiss and make up? <= sometimes I speak out my ass

about men getting hardons by other men touching them.
    Last edited by chick; 11-29-2005 at 07:58 PM.

i could have sworn that somewhere i've read that all levels are different in all kinds of ways.... maybe just a fig newton of my imagination...

although... there are some ppl. far superior than others. read that too,

agree w/ chick... back to homophobic hard-ons, lol...

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Quote Originally Posted by chick
    I would never attack jiggle belied heavyset men.

Is this where we kiss and make up? <= sometimes I speak out my ass
    hey now, no jiggle.........

no, im not into crip chicks
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com