Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: Naughty caregiver ... or not

I don't understand the attacking of Fuente .. most of us who've been around a while know his views. It's just his opinion and that's all it is? It doesn't make him right, I certainly don't agree with him. His view doesn't seem to bother me though. Takes all kinds to make the world go 'round.

Some have said he inspired them to try harder? Isn't that a good thing? He seems a good source of information on exercise and health supplements.

I think Fuente does pretty well and admire the time he has to take care of himself .. wish I made that time but it's difficult on rotating 10hr shifts. We both have down time at work, there's nothing wrong with that. Doesn't mean we don't work hard when it's there to do .. ?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I don't understand the attacking of Fuente .. most of us who've been around a while know his views. It's just his opinion and that's all it is? It doesn't make him right, I certainly don't agree with him. His view doesn't seem to bother me though. Takes all kinds to make the world go 'round.[quote]

lynnifer, the attacking of fuente is mostly the newer wave of ppl. joining cc.. as you say, most of you that have BEEN AROUND... newer ppl., it's just OUR opinion too....

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis
    I propose a cockfight to settle matters...
    Well whoever uses felieh's attendant to wash their cock before the fight will make it "hard" to beat.

Hey Fuente my chicken can kick your chickens ass any day!!
    1FineSpineRN

Lynnifer is right...........there are plenty of threads where other members advocate hard work and independence but never get attacked....prob because they word it a bit differently but same advice nonetheless.

I always see 'IMO' or 'just not my thing' in fuente's posts as his way of quantifying that he isn't as judgemental as people think.

I don't always agree with him but he makes me think about my own independence....as do other quads like Shaun and Scorp.

I still have a PCA for one hour in the morning - like others have said it's a time and independence balancing act. I want to be more independent and I'm working on it but I have to say that cathing and 'junk' washing is one area of dignity I took back early on.

When I first started it used to take me over an hour to cath myself with a nurse watching, often desperate to put me out of my frustration as I struggled. Some days I didn't have the strengh to haul the bag of piss up when I'd finished.

Now it takes me 5 minutes or less. It's technique learnt through effort.

I wake up 5 mins before PCA arrives and do it then.

This isn't a comment on felieh because I don't think he is lazy, just stuck in his own routine, but there ARE lazy quads and paras just like there are lazy people in your office or factory.

Everybody's injury and function plays a part but I was in hosp with functional paras who CHOSE to try less than me.

Some had mega pain issues or were weakened by bedrest far longer than my six weeks, they aren't the ones I'm talking about.

Paras who never pushed anywhere whenever they could get a nurse or family member to push them telling me that they wished their arms were as strong as mine..........no you don't mate, half of mine don't work and I have no fcking grip but when you transferred into bed to eat cake and have your wife cath you at 6pm I spent an hour pushing up and down the corridor to see if I could get further than I did yesterday
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

"I don't always agree with him but he makes me think about my own independence....as do other quads like Shaun and Scorp."

I think it makes alot of ppl think about their independance. The ones that get all hyped up are probably the ones who know they could do more, but dont.

im not the most delicate w/ my words, oh well. i know what i say makes ppl think, i know this for sure....
    no since wasteing anymore space w./ this , we all have our opinions. my views wont change. if anyone wants to discuss furthere pm me. in the mean time dont be lazy, do everything you can, make time for your body. 18 years later im dam glad i have

rhino, you have a great attitude, you will gain your independance. Why? because you want it, and you have the will, guts and desire to stand out. Bravo.......If i can help u in anyway, just lmk.
    Last edited by fuentejps; 12-03-2005 at 11:07 AM.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

This post has gotten off subject. Why not have your g/f clean your penis the night before then your PCA could simply apply the catheter before you go to work.