Thread: such a positive attitude

such a positive attitude

this is my friend Kristy that i met when we were both inpatient at the Shepherd Center.. she is c3, 4 and has the best outlook that i've seen.. i hope that someone can get something positive from this because i sure did...

Hey everyone!
    November 18, 2005 was the three-year anniversary of my accident. I just wanted to share with everyone exactly how celebrated my anniversary. Call me crazy but I did say celebrated. When the 18th of November rolls around every year I hold my head up high and embrace how far I have come over the past couple of years. I'm a long way from the ventilator and being wrapped from head to toe in blankets and scarves. I look around me at everything and everyone and realize just how much I have to be thankful for. Three years ago I was in ICU on the vent and had a feeding tube during Thanksgiving. This year I had lunch with my wonderful boyfriend Trae and his family and a great dinner with my family. Eating two meals sure beats having that yellow substance I like to call banana pudding pumped in you. I know that there is a greater purpose for everything that has happened to me over the past three years. I do not know what it is yet to but I am certain there is going to be light at the end of the tunnel. God has a reason for everything, the good and the bad. I have learned to be really patient and realize that whatever his plan is for me it will happen in his time not mine. I just have to remain faithful and have a positive attitude through it all.

On the night of November the 18th I celebrated by going to Dixieland with a group of my closest friends from church. It was pretty cold but I had a blast. I was actually riding go carts that night about the same time I was playing intramural flag football three years ago. So that in itself was quite powerful. The possibility of riding go carts had never even crossed my mind but Trae and all of my other friends made it happen. It was quite an experience and a major adrenaline rush. I'm contemplating taking up skydiving next. Mom says no way but we will see! I'm still crazy and adventurous, some things will never change.

Well I hope you are all doing well and had a Happy Thanksgiving!
    Take care
    Love,
    Kristy

Kristy Justus

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

I Applaud you kristy such a strong girl
    For every minute you're angry you lose a second of happiness

I'm glad to know Kristi's doing well. I met her when she was up here at RIM. Very upbeat, very positive. Has she gotten any more return back? She said her first goal was to eliminate the sip&Puff. Has she met those goals? If you see/talk to her, tell her I said "hi" and to keep up the great spirits.
    BeeBee

BeeBee, she has gotten very little by most standards, but i think it is quite a bit... i told her that i posted this here, so maybe she will come and comment. she is still on the sip & puff, but it still doesn't slow her down. she goes to Shepherd 3x a week and does a vigorous workout.. i will tell her hi for you, no prob...

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Thanks, Jazz. I attended Dr. Lima's lecture, yesterday at RIM. He mentioned, as a response to a question, that hands are very difficult to get back. Major extremities come easier and faster, but hands, particularly flex, is very difficult. I know she mentioned relief from the constant coldness. That has to be better.
    BeeBee