Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: My wallet lifted at Walmart

My wallet lifted at Walmart

They took two credit cards. I say "they" because the policeman I reported it to was confident from my report that one person was distracting me while another was reaching into my backpack. Took the cards and put my wallet back. Pretty slick.

By the time I called to report it a couple hours later there were roughly a dozen charges for $1500.00. The person finally got declined in Lawrenceville, NJ..... twenty miles South.

I'm not responsible for any fraudulent charges. Phew!
    ~See you at the CareCure-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Hohoho...Merry Christmas. May Rudolph crap on their fruitcakes. When it was declined, did they catch the bastards?

I keep my wallet under my cushion with my gun. People in chairs are easy targets for crime. Sorry You may want to hook a chain it.

Beth - I dunno. Most of the charges were at clothing stores. Old Navy, Footlocker and Lord & Taylors. Makes me wonder if criminals know which stores to go to that have less security. I think they were trying to fly under the radar and not be pursued. Can't believe they didn't buy a plasma TV with high resale. Guess they just wanted to do their XMas shopping for free this year. Hope someone looks at a videotape and figures out how to bust them.

Hunker - good idea. Thanks.

sorry to hear of your misfortune Jeff, such a hassle.... i hope they did catch the bastards... i keep just what i need in my front pocket on my shirt or put it at my waist line when i don't have a pocket...

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

fights are common this time of year http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_...s.php?id=64130

So sorry this happened Jeff. Good thing you won't get charges though. So hard at this time to go shopping particularly in Walmart. A few years back my daughter had her purse stolen at Walmart too and a check was made by the theif for $1,200. They had the nerve to take it to the bank and withdraw the money. She never recovered anything tho.

Just be careful when you go shopping and keep an eye on your money.

Raven

ANother time when trash as I will call them, that want's something for nothing, not working to get it!!!! really pisses me off How someone can enjoy stealing from other's is beyond me.

Sorry to hear Jeff but Glad you found it quick!!!!!!
    Doug

Sorry Jeff I Am Glad That You Dont Owe Anything.
    For every minute you're angry you lose a second of happiness