Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally!

Finally!

This just goes to show that even a blind pig will find an acorn every now and then. It's been a slow season here in Va. but I finally had this 8 pointer step out during muzzleloader season.

It was around 5 and I had seen only one small doe. I decided to try my grunt call. Grunted twice and 2 minites later came in 20 feet behind me and started working a scrape. I heard something in front of me, turned and saw this guy step out of the woods. Shot him at 90 yards, Knight muzzleloader. He didn't have much mass and tine length wasn't great but he was 18 1/2" wide.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Not to shabby Deadeye he is a decent buck.I still have a crossbow tag to fill and I hope to put it on a buck as well

Robin! Where ya been man? are ya back in your place or are ya still kickin it pool side in Shangri-la

Nice deer buddy,congrats..

Talking

That's a good impression of a 'deer caught in the headlights' .. *chuckle*
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Darn it DeadEye I thought there would be a photo of Festus in here.

Anyway..I want scat and hair samples over the next two months. And there better be alot of deer meat in them.
    Life isn't about getting thru the storm but learning to dance in the rain.

wow thats impressive, muzzle loader!
    cauda equina

Thanks guys. Sorry I've been so out of touch, just really busy. Yes, Shaun, I've moved back home. Left Paradise with the gorgeous Sri Lankan babes by the pool and returned to the ghetto on Sept 1st.

Lynnifer, how'd you know I used my headlights?

And Lindy, here's an older pic of my main man. He has a slight resemblance to a pot-bellied pig now! He's also starting to show a bit of stiffness from the truck running over him. We're both aging not-so-gracefully.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Thumbs up

Congrats Deadeye! We have been hunting 3 times so far this year. Much less hunting going on this year than most due to health, but maybe that will change soon. We've seen does every time, one of them was huge, but no bucks yet. Unless you count the buck I saw on my way home from work one night. He almost ran out in front of my car! then changed his mind thank goodness.

You done good!

Your dog is sooooo cute! He's got a face like a little person! I love him!
    "I just want you to know, it was the best time ever." J.F.F.