Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tilite ZR vs. ZRA

Also, although I tightened the nut on the axle all the way, I still have some play with my Spinergies. The Ti guys say this is normal and are working on a fix. Anyone else have this problem?[/quote]

I bought a Cross Sport (now called tilite) four years ago and had the same problem with standard wheels. I changed to spinergys and had the same problem. Ti said they were working on the problem then.
    It felt like the whole chair was flexing. I went back to my GPS and the problem was solved.
    By the way both chairs were 16" wide but the Ti was 1-1/2 wider. I had them send me a new axle and moved the push rings in to get it to the same width.

Quote Originally Posted by NJenn
    Well, my new ZRA is here. I've been rolling around for about 4 hours, and am absolutely freaked out by how quiet it is. So far the only major problem was my fault I accidentally ordered the standard locks instead of the uni-locks. So much for the "knowing what I want" sentiment Am ticked at myself for this, but I very rarely use my locks anyway, so I think I'm just going to ditch them entirely. Also, although I tightenened the nut on the axle all the way, I still have some play with my Spinergies. The Ti guys say this is normal and are working on a fix. Anyone else have this problem?
    did you ask the guys at Ti about helpin ya with the brake mistake? maybe they might trade out with you. i just got a colours chair and didnt like the front caster springs so they sent me the parts to change it out, no problem. best customer service ever........

I actually be getting my new Ti-Lite ZRA in about 4 weeks just in time for my buddies weeding im in. I did however get my insurance to cover the cost for the chair with no money out of my pocket. I have no arm rests, tipper bars, belts or push bars. I wasnt going to get any brakes but the therapist fought with me so I settled for the brakes that are hidden under the chair. I will be sportin a blue set of spinergy wheels with other parts on the chair blue too. I know have 3 sets of spinergy wheels between my chair now my new one and sports chair. I cant wait till i get it cause its also about 15lbs lighter then what i am in now.

JJ

Hey Rollin-- Ti said I needed to go through my dealer for the new brakes. They wouldn't change them out for me.

JJ--Glad to hear insurance paid for your chair. I've been trying to get a new chair since last March. Between an incompetent DME, and a tight-wad HMO, I just didn't want to fight it any more. I kind of regret paying out of pocket, but at least I got what I needed before the big snow hits. I really don't think you can put a price tag on quality of life.

Blog Entries

Question

Yes'm,
    Better out of pocket than sittin' in the floor,lol. I have wound up getting most of my equipment out of pocket over the years. The one thing Medicare got me, was an outdated powerchair that I have had to maintain myself, as the company would not honor it's warranty.
    I AM thankful I received it, just that it was overpriced 3x. It served me well however.
    Show us some pics of that shiny new puppy! Also, what is the reason the wheels were not able to be tightened sufficiently? Or is it related to the design of the spokes and hub that there is wobble? I'm curious about it. Never can tell, might be able to find a solution unless it is a design fault.

I hope the TiLite is better than the Quickie Ti chair I got recently. It has limited adjustability and everything seams to loosen up frequently. Quickie also chose to use phillip heads, american size bolts and nuts, allen-head and torc head bolts. Soooooo if you are going to get out of your chair to fix it better have a lot of tools handy. Of course you will not have the one you need. Also, fight, fight, fight those Insurers and Medicare for payment beforehand. Medicare payed for my new Quickie Ti, but it took a lot of work and a couple of rejections, before approval.

Blog Entries
    put threadlock on those that loosen continually.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnGimp
    put threadlock on those that loosen continually.
    hey cap'n...if you use threadlock...that doesn't make the bolt/nuts impossible to loosen does it? thinkin bout tryin sum but im always adjustin sumthin seems like,lol.

Blog Entries
    no, not impossible. There are different grades of it. I use 3M blue. It just prevents vibration/shock from allowing it to loosen. blue is medium strength, red heavy. Hand tools break it loose, no sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    http://tilite.com/pdf/Chair_Comparison.pdf chart shows the differences
    Doesnt work