Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So, here I am again

Gee shucks...

Gosh, thanks for all the warm greetings, you guys have made my day. I guess sometimes in life you just are an idiot .. but you must then move on!

Oh, and I forgot to mention that a few days before I stomped off, we moved into our NEW HOUSE!!!! We are sooooooooooooooo happy - we looked for over a year for a suitable house for us. This one is absolutely perfect, and very unusual. It has all the living and our master BR on the 1st, and the floor plan is wide, wide open. There is a 2nd floor, 2 of them in fact! One set of stairs goes up to a mother-in-law (read: PCA) suite that is huge and has a full bathroom. The other set of stairs goes to my son's bedroom, a guest room and an open area (the toy room). The upstairs areas do not connect, you have to go down and back up to go from one area to the other upstairs. I was adamant that a PCA not live/sleep on the same floor as my son alone, so this is perfect.

So we had alot of stress moving (with a fractured heel no less), but now we are pretty settled and happy as clams in our new house. Best of all? It's ONE BLOCK from Grandma!!!!!! (my mom) We both get on very well with my folks and so it's just wonderful beyond description to have my mom here so close, it's a huge help, especially here lately with my foot. She has been doing all my laundry and most of the cleaning for me. What a champ!

So thanks for the welcomes, it means alot to me!

Ami
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Ami,

Welcome back and the new house sounds fabulously perfect. Congrats. I hope you are back on your feet really soon.

Susan

Quote Originally Posted by zillazangel
    we looked for over a year for a suitable house for us. This one is absolutely perfect, and very unusual. It has all the living and our master BR on the 1st, and the floor plan is wide, wide open. There is a 2nd floor, 2 of them in fact! One set of stairs goes up to a mother-in-law (read: PCA) suite that is huge and has a full bathroom. The other set of stairs goes to my son's bedroom, a guest room and an open area (the toy room). The upstairs areas do not connect, you have to go down and back up to go from one area to the other upstairs. I was adamant that a PCA not live/sleep on the same floor as my son alone, so this is perfect.
    Gosh, with a setup like that, nice people like yourselves, AND good pay, and you still couldn't find a good PCA?? Amazing.

It's wonderful to hear your voice again, Ami. Welcome back.

Ami ... what a time you've had .... so glad you've found your way back to us! We have that open concept you refer to at our house too ... its awesome ... less things to run into, bump into et al .... as well its feels like to me we aren't so on top of each other particularily in the winter when we are all inside so much ... I wish for you to be healed soon ... we've missed your unique insight here at the Sanctuary !!

Obieone