Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The "bad cath trip blues" at work

Unhappy The "bad cath trip blues" at work

Not been a great day at work,

I followed my normal cath routine, drink a cup of coffee and some water at home ~7:30-8:00am, cath about 8:30, get ready for work(I'm still on 1/2 days and get to go in late), cath about 9:15 as I'm out the door. Everything good so far.

Drink a diet coke at work(I'm a junkie). My next cath is ~11am, not much output. hmmm, not normal. Crap, also notice I forgot to reload cath kits, got one more. Better make a trip home at lunch and reload. So I head out about 11:45, here's where things go downhill.

As I'm about to wheel out, I NEED to pee(I have some sensation, but when I feel it, it means NOW). So I whip into h/c stall(luckily nobody camping out in there), grab my kit out and set it on paper holder as usual. Drop-trou and slide butt forward. Reach over for my kit and drop the damn thing IN the toilet. I lunge forward to retrieve it, and as I pull it out I look down and the lunge has started my pee flow. F____ck!(needs a lot of u's). So grab myself to stop the flow.

So here I sit, pants around my knees, butt slid forward, left hand pinching my dick, right hand holding a dripping cath kit(did I mention it's my LAST kit?), thinking wtf am I gonna do now. I need a 3rd hand here.

So I set the kit on toilet seat, unroll a big ol' wad of tp and wrap it around my dick and "let go". Well that tp lasted about half a second. Squeeze again, drop old tp in toilet, get another wad. Repeat. Ok, this time I get a little "free" time. Quickly grab more tp and wipe off kit, hmmm looks ok. Luckily it seems to be a waterproof package. Squeeze dick, grab more tp. Repeat, feel like a shampoo commercial.

Finally got to where the flow stopped. Opened the kit carefully keeping my hands as "out of contact" as possible, the whole inside of kit is dry, yeehah. Did my best "sterile procedure" as I could getting the gloves on, glad this kit had sterile gloves. Use all 3 swabs included, normally only bother with one. Then proceeded to pee away, thinking if I'm ever gonna get a uti it's now.

Think I'll take the rest of the day off.

So, how was your morning?
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

My morning was great! I woke up to find myself in a big pile of sh*t! Only happens every few months, think it was a bug I got from my boy, cuz he puked at school yesterday. Doesn't suck any less tho.

Same here, C -- all the sheets had to be washed, and it wasn't even mine. Poor hubby got violently ill last night in his sleep. Had taken some pain meds so he didn't even wake up for it. ugh. He's been having flippy stomach all day. The flu is definitely going around.

I had that happen at the house about a month ago, McD. I was screaming for booger to help me bc I couldn't stop it. I ended up grabbing a full roll of paper towels to catch it while da man tried to find a towel or something. I was getting everything ready to cath, but it started without me.

Your not the "Lone Ranger" - I just leave and go home,afterwards I drink beer, eat and go rest.

diet cke makes me pee like a race horse, i think its all the sodium in it
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

look at it this way McDuff - your pain has brought smiles of malicious glee to the faces of many here.

Every cloud, right?

Thanks Folks, always good to know "you're not alone".

Christopher - your morning beats mine

Jadis - bad boog, serious pain med to sleep thru it. Pee-wise, at least I had something to "grab" to stop the flow, hadn't thought about the Ladies, bummer.

Hunker - great minds think alike.

Fuente - no doubt the DC's make me pee more, usually have it "figured" into my schdeule. Got me this time I guess.

Keps - glad you enjoyed my dilemma, I knew there had to be some laughing going on with all that viewed this. Actually was pretty funny, looking back of course.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Blog Entries
    PREEEEcisely why I switched my self to a foley cath after about a year of watching the clock and measuring what I drank. Never looked back.My last straw was coming out of walmart one day, been shopping to long, lost track of time. Went to transfer to car, and had a puddle running out from under my chair to where I was gonna put my feet, Bought me some foley's the next day.
    AB so LUTELY no regrets.
    Maybe you could put a spare kit under your cushion or seat for just such an emergency, sorta "tape' it to the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps
    diet cke makes me pee like a race horse, i think its all the sodium in it
    and caffeine is a diuretic

Thumbs up

You are not alone McDuff