Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Well I'm choked...

Sheesus MG, what a run. Yeah I don't get the "good die young" crap either. Why is a ray of sunshine snuffed so early when there are so many shadows?

Somebody in your family taking potshots at the gods with a pellet gun? Sumthin's pissin' em off.

Sorry for all you and yours are going thru. Hope the latest turns out well.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

MG, so sorry to hear about your brother .... and now the recent news about your sis. The love and support between you and your sis must be an incredible source of strength for you both, especially through everything you both are dealing with now.
    I can only imagine the loss you've experienced over the years, and that hardly touches the surface of the emotions within you. Are you allowed to experience your emotions?... to feel and even immerse yourself in it? Yes, you have a right. You don't need to ask permission.

Hope for good things for your sis. Take Care.

to mg my prayers and thoughts are with you at this time. anty
    For every minute you're angry you lose a second of happiness

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeygirl
    She's only 49, and the best sis in the world, the sweetest lil thing you'd ever meet. Never a bad word about anybody, ever. I just can't believe it, how can you not ask the big guy OK, so what did this family do that is so wrong, like come on already, like I said before, I so don't get it.

Anywho, had to let ya's know, another beautiful day in the neighborhood. Could be worse I guess, I could be a "Leaf Fan" like Shaun. (What would we do without humour hey?)
    I too am sorry for your and your sis-in-laws loss of a brother and a husband and her double slap with cancer. I too like most people wonder why it seems that there are a lot of other folks who would be more 'deserving' of this kind of pain.
    I would only want what follows to help you understand better, and maybe gain a tad of consolation that it is not ALWAYS what we do that causes our various troubles.
    I do not want to start a theological discussion, just to shed a few simple thoughts about what Christ himself said to those who implied that suffering was ALWAYS a result of personal sins if you will.

First, Christ came to set straight a lot of mistruths and misrepresentation of God's character. Just as today, a GREAT MANY who claim to be christian, ACT entirely UNLIKE His example and direction. Causing many to literally detest and not believe in Him.

In Luke chapter 13 Christ presents and negates this VERY thought,

And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?
    I tell you, Nay.....
    Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? I tell you, Nay:

In Matthew 13 He tells a simple story to illustrate a point such that the people could BETTER understand what is really happening in our world...
    Read it
    in verses 10-17 he explains that he speaks in simple stories to the intent that those who have ulterior motives cannot understand, basically their head is consumed with self righteousness and not with love for their fellow man so they can't "see nor hear" what He is teaching. They were only concerned with their position and livlihood, like many so called religious leaders today.

Then in verse 28 He says "an ENEMY has done this" ....this being the part He is asking us to understand THEN and NOW.
    If you are a believer, then remember that it is the enemy(satan) whatever you want to call him, that does these things to us. Read/study the book of Job. Yes God is in control and the devil can only do what He allows. But it was NEVER His desire that mankind should suffer in sin. When He finished His creation, He said it was GOOD. Then the usurper of life began his continuance of the battle he began against God in Heaven, here on earth by deceiving Eve. This war is him against God and we are caught in the middle.

I can only suggest that God is there for you both, to draw strength during this pain, from. He loves you with an everlasting, unconditional love, as He does every human that has ever been. He is ever desirous of our wellbeing.
    He also wants you to ask questions(prayer) and has given us a book(bible) to seek understanding from also.He does not get angry when you doubt and ask why, but I sincerely KNOW He wishes you to find answers to your questions, by reading for yourself the record He has given us.
    Many twist the truths found in the pages of the bible. This has ever been a cause of misunderstanding His TRUE character.

I was an athiest for 27 years, due to watching so called Christians and so called preachers twisting God's word. Then one day I sat down to read the book for myself, so I could use its own words against those who professed Christ. I have studied many religions and belief systems. I am a learned man in much of man's knowledge. But like Paul said, I count it all as nothing, since I have learned the truth as it is in Christ.

I said I wasn't going to go into a lot so I will hush. But if you truly want to know why in a short statement. Your family is not the cause, neither is God, we have one to blame it on who we often overlook.
    In Ezekiel chapter 28 you can read of satan's destruction in the end. Something else mistaught my many. Verses 18 and 19 are among my favorite in the bible. God says He will bring a fire from the midst of satan, it will devour him , turn him to ashes, in the sight of all those who see, and he shall never be, NO MORE.

I too have lost many in this world as have most of us all. I was once upon a time, one who some would wish that evil things were better spent upon me. I have been changed by the truths found in Christ and His word. I understand a lot more about this world than all the various sciences that I studied coud ever begin to explain. It took me many years to accept the truth and follow it. I spent much of my life with fast friends and easy money. I was where most want to be. Then I came to the realization that it was not what I wanted anymore. This all happened BEFORE I was injured. Good thing too, because it actually made it eay to deal with this life I now live.

Once again, I am sorry for all your heartache and the emptyness you feel from the loss of your family members. I don't know you, but just want you to know that like the others here, I will help in any way I can. God Bless you and keep you strong.

damn MG, so sorry about your sis-in-law! Hang on to the hope, there is a lot of hope these days for people with breast cancer. My mom had breast cancer back in the early 90's and while she did have to have a radical mastectomy, she has not had one spot of cancer since. She didn't have any kind of treatment afterward either, so she didn't have to go through illness from that. A lot has progressed since then even. About being the rock, sometimes, for me anyway, I don't always want/need a rock---sometimes I just want someone to bawl their eyes out with me at times like these. It's like the showing of their hurt/fear/grief allows me to let mine release more easily. It's comforting to know I'm not the only one lost in grief and falling apart. Maybe you and your sis would find comfort in you not being the rock, and just letting go. I'm not giving advice, I suck at that, just a thought I had over a conversation with my husband where I told him I didn't want him to fix it (cause he's always trying to be MY rock) cause I knew he could not, that I just wanted him to cry and feel it with me. Hugs MG!
    "I just want you to know, it was the best time ever." J.F.F.

Awww .. Monkeygirl I'm sure sorry for all this crapiness going on in your life!! I know what you mean .. I just don't get it either and I've finally resigned myself to not waste anymore time trying to figure stuff out .... "what will be will be" is now my philosophy ... its sort of free's your mind to simply accept what is ... "someday we'll know all about it ... farther along we'll understand why" .... (from a song I know) .... wish I could make it better for you!

Obieone

MG, my sincere condolences as well. I wish you the best of luck!
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Unhappy

Hang tough, MG. Life sure is dealing your family some major blows. Cry your eyes out. Beat a wall. Get mad. Be sad. Grieve. Remember the good times. I'm thinking of you and sending good thoughts.

Monkeygirl, I am so sorry to hear of all the sadness you have been going through. Sometimes life just doesn't seem fair at all, and I am sorry that this has happened to you and your family. Please take the time you need to grieve all that is happening ..........somehow it makes it a little easier to deal with in the long run. I am so sorry about your Mom and your Brother and I sincerely hope that your sister-in-law will be alright. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Darlene