Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Geritol for the Computer

Disk imaging

What's the latest on disk imaging? Better than reformatting/reinstalling using individual programs and operating system? You guys recommend any programs commercial/free?
    C5 injury with partial C6 function on left.

Blog Entries
    I usually do one computer at a time, and as I seldom have groups of identical hardware on the networks I work on, I have never cloned a disc or disc image. Even the ones that are the same have different types of equipment hooked to them, so I treat them as individuals.
    However, most hard drives bought new have the software on cd contained with them to do this.

You would find this a useful tool in the case of churing out multiple, like hardware, computers.
    There is a slew of free software out there to do the various transfers you would be apt to do, if you don't like the hd supplied types.

If you are talking about just pulling an old failing drive from your computer and inserting a new one, I still would rather start with a fresh install. If you are just adding more storage and hate to deal with a reload, just add the drive and go, partitioning it as you wish.

more frEEEEbieZ...
    http://www.sysresccd.org/
    http://www.thefreecountry.com/utilit...andimage.shtml
    Last edited by CapnGimp; 11-29-2005 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis
    What's the latest on disk imaging? Better than reformatting/reinstalling using individual programs and operating system? You guys recommend any programs commercial/free?
    Drive SnapShot images while Windows is running. It is free to try for 30-days.
    Last edited by PN; 12-04-2005 at 08:24 PM.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com