Thread: Laptop cleaning

Laptop cleaning

I use canned air but what else can I do to cool it down? I would also like a link on how hot it is running. Any ideas
    Thanx,
    Matt

Hi Matt,

You may have hardware monitoring software on the motherboard or laptop "accessory" CD. On desktop computers these software programs have names like "Intel Active Monitor", "Intel Desktop Utilities" or "Asus PC Probe" etc. They monitor temperatures, voltages and fan speeds etc.

There are even "generic" software programs that can monitor the temperatures of a desktop motherboard (CPU, PCI-area and Memory) but there has to be temperature sensors built into the motherboard. The same with Video cards.

Laptops or notebooks are more "proprietary" so you'll probably need the software program from the manufacturer of it.

If you list the manufacturer and model number of your laptop/notebook I'll find out if it has the ability to monitor the temps and where you can download the utility from.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

vacuum through the slots to suck out the dust
    cauda equina

You may want to look at a Chill Pad .
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

The chill pad looks nice for the price and I do vacum too! Ever heard of Everesthom220 or Everest? I heard of them but can not make them work.
    Thanx,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Hunker
    The chill pad looks nice for the price and I do vacum too! Ever heard of Everesthom220 or Everest?
    Thanx,
    Matt
    I haven't heard of them, but maybe somebody else has, and can reply. Whenever possible, I think it is a good idea to read the reviews on Amazon before you make your purchase. Good luck!
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com