Thread: How do you spend your day?

How do you spend your day?

How much time do you spend each day on your general care?
    Do you work? What is your occupation? How many hours a day?
    Do you exercise? What do you do? How many hours a day?

How much time do you spend each day on your general care?1-3 (depends if its BP day)
    Do you work?yes, from home What is your occupation? I own Juniata Valley Design Services, LLC. I design custom homes and design/code issues. How many hours a day?depends, last month about 8-10 a day, this past week I had no billable hours
    Do you exercise? What do you do? How many hours a day?I was weightlifting , but then with work and school I have not been able to get started again. Hopefully next year when our house is done I will be able to get a Bowflex.
    Last edited by ~Patrick~; 11-19-2005 at 03:13 PM.
    T-10 complete
    10/08/01
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO' what a ride!"

I wake up at 7 am,start with Bathroom (routine) activity 40 to 50 mins.Dress up 30 mins. have breakfast 20 mins (depending) at 9 am I must be ready because my first student arrives on time! (1 hour and 30 mins class),after class take the sun for an hour,read and do phone calls, after it I come to my computer and answer mails, update site, write,edit,etc.

Class at 2pm (another hour an a half and depending how many students come and the time their parents pick them up I finish at 4pm.

At 4:30 or 5pm I have dinner with my parents or alone, then I have my bathroom routine again (1 hour or less),at 6pm again I have to work (2 or 3 days a week I work from 6pm to 7:30pm), sometimes I go out after my job, sometimes I watch movies/tv, do cleaning in my bedroom or organize things,have a light dinner or just coffee, before bed at 11:30, I do my bathroom routine again for 15 mins, and I work in my bed (with my laptop),watch more tv,movies,etc until 2am when I know it's my sleeping time.

That is my working day routine,vacations are different!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave
    Probably about 2 hours, 1 hour of which is BP, the other hour, roughly, is cathing through the day. Then there is stuff like getting dressed, showering, eating etc which probably add another couple of hours

I work from home painting portraits. I spend a minimum of 4-6 hours a day (every day) working, some days working as long as 12 or 14 hours.

I go to the local Y to swim for about an hour 2 or 3 times a week. At home, I try to spend about an half hour a day doing various stretches and such. In addition, I use crutches to get around which constitutes a fair amount of exercise.

How 'bout you Big Dave, what are your answers to these questions?

Sim

Home health is scheduled to be at my place from 6:30-9:30. I do not always need all of that time.

I am taking 12 hours in grad school and do a 16 hour a week internship. This is my "work" I am working on getting my masters in social work.

I go to PT two times a week. We do a little streching and a lot of wieght lifting. I also try and do a cardio work out once a week and bike when I have time. Right now I don't have time.
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

My Day

I awake about 6 a.m., cath, take medicine, do the crossword puzzle--out of bed by 8 a.m., shower, take care of colostomy bag, shave, etc. and dress for the day. If this is a day that I volunteer at VA hospital, I try to leave the house by 9:15 a.m. My volunteer day is 6 hours. I also volunteer for the PVA and chairman of my Elks Lodge veterans committee.

I try to do upper body exercise about 15 to 3 minutes a day.

I'm retired, so I devote about three hours a day to my hobby, wood carving and scrolling. With woodworking I can burn my mistakes.

I spend about 2-3 hours daily on the computer.

Go to bed early, 9-10 p.m., read or watch TV until 11 p.m.

I have a pretty active social and civic life which suits me just fine.

Fannie Whype
    Last edited by wazabiker; 11-21-2005 at 11:46 AM.

Hours on Personnal Care:
    Arise at 8:30 a.m. ...make coffee, take med's...then hit the shower. After my personal care, I do some face painting, get dressed, I do about 20 min. floor exercises, then eat a light breakfast.

Do I Work:
    No, on disability. As a member of Sertoma, I prepare notices, invitations etc. or I might make a crafts (candles etc.) or bake cookies for
    neighbors who take care of me or do light cleaning. A neighbor will usually come visit or I get phone calls... otherwise, watch the news, read new CC posts, or read stories on Indianaghosttrackers.com...I'm hooked! I get out once every two weeks for Pharmacy/Grocery needs.

Exercises:
    I exercise about 4 x's daily, 20 -40 minutes each consisting of floor exercises (all kinds), and get on my leg swinging equipment. If I do outdoor projects, I usually lay down about 20 minutes to rest the back afterwards, usually just picking up limbs in the yard. Or, I'll read some books, magazines, harrass the cat, exercise again & walk to the mailbox mid-day.

Biggest part of my day is really exercising and harrassing the cat!

Queen
    Your life is what you make it, and only you have that choice!

I am a C-5 quad. My morning program takes a little over 2 hours. Every morning I do stretches, bowel & bladder care, shower, breakfast, get dressed, grooming, etc. I am thankful that my bowel program just takes 3-4 minutes. I get up at 6 and leave the house by 8:15.
    I am a high school English teacher, and I is good at what I do. I cath at lunch and again when I get home at 3pm. I start getting ready for bed at 8:45. My evening routine takes 1hr & 15min, including stretches and bladder.
    I usually grade papers from the time I get home to the time I go to bed. It is frustrating. I recently came to the conclusion that I would like to teach fewer classes each day. I really want more time to devote to my health. I would like to do an arm cycler, standing table, Uppertone, etc. And someday I would like a family; there's more time! If I teach less, I have to find a way to supplement that lost income.
    Well, that's how I spend each day.

How much time do you spend each day on your general care? 3 hours, counting cathing myself.
    Do you work? Yes. What is your occupation? Web pages for small business. How many hours a day? Depends. When I'm busy 10 hours, sometimes more.
    Do you exercise? Yes. What do you do? I push around the streets of my local suburb, my 'circuit' is just over 3 kilometres with up and downhill sections and one real mean hill. How many hours a day? If I go real hard it takes 40-45mins, I try and do it twice a day in summer, and at least once in winter (weather permitting).

If it rains for more than a few days I go to the local shopping mall and push up and down the multi-level car park ramps for an hour or so (until I'm buggered).

Also I do a quarter to a half hour of lifting my bum (straight arms using lats) before home care arrive in the morning.

C/5-6 Inc.

Work 8 hours at the phone company, 1/2 hour to sit on the can, another 15 or so minutes to shower. If you have fingers, BP can be comparatively quick if you dont do the 'typical' method and rely on reflexes instead. Excersize? What's that?