Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cold leg(just one is cold)

cold leg(just one is cold)

am curious as to why this would happen. Circulation seemed to have come back for awhile now but the other day, one leg was cold for quite a long time from the knee down...anything a person should worry about??? Just wondering.

Could be a clot I believe...I am sure SCI nurse will answer this by the time you read your post again...I would not hesitate to get it cecked out in ER though...

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow"
    ~ Anon

okay, now the other leg is doing the same thing and I am beginning to freak out.
    What others symptons should I look for-swelling, pulse but where in the foot and leg is actually the pulse area? P.S. There is a full day inbetween this alterating of a cold leg.

emi- as you can see, it happened again. I called er, it seemed a concern and am waiting for the doc to return a call...there was no swelling in the leg, as the matter of fact, that leg was est. 1/4 less and I believe I felt a pulse within the foot and knee area. Any more advice and info. would be appreciated.

My left leg...

is usually very cold in the middle of the night. I'm nearing 20 months post and it comes and goes. I'll go a couple of weeks without this happening, and then a couple weeks when it happens every night. I did have a major injury to my ankle on that leg - I don't know if that's significant or not. I have no explanation, I just wanted to let you know that this happens to me as well...

Chris

cjo33, yes, I guess that this can be common after all, it would be the signs of swelling and no pulse into the foot, etc. that would be a threatening situation.
    It just did not make sense when it has been months since the toes were cold but then it has only been six months post. Thank you both for you replies.

yikes

where's thepulse?Now I'm concerned. my legs are like ice...

My opinion...

venous congestion, poor circulation, dependent rubor, don't flip out over it. Watch for swelling, redness-signs of a blood clot then see a doctor.

oops, MissLiz...

i may have overreacted but i am still new to all of this, doc says it is good to notice changes but if there isn't any swelling, or change of color (blue) and you can feel the pulse-which is located on top of your foot in front of your ankle between the two(?) bones that v down towards your toes, you can feel it if you can pull your foot up towards yourself. lightly press into the inside bone or behind the inside ankle bone too. Something about the sympathetic and para (?) situations changing due to becoming chilled or cold weather itself and it affecting different parts at different times. Sorry, hope this helps. The idea of blood clots is scary, but I'm told you should be able to notice the above, measurement difference with an increase of 2-3 cm. may be a concern, his was actually less by a 1/4 inch due probably to circulatory issue with the nerves. and a sigh.

p.s. thanks