Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Designer" Jeans

Formerly The People's Republic of Palo Alto, Now The Urban Wasteland - Orange, CA
    I can't be the only one who rather likes the whole "jeggings" craze... somebody back me up here...

Sure they're a pain to get on and off, but they look good. And vanity is the highest form of enlightenment....

"jeggings" look great on my 8month old, sorry not so good on an adult

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    I don't understand this 'wheelchair fashion' thing.

Andy, what are issues you have with pants/jeans? Is it the added pressure risk with fabric on bum? Have you ever had problems with pressure wearing regular jeans?
    If you want the look of jeans as you've described, can you purchase the style you like, then modify the seating to your comfort? ie. cut out portion of rear and sew on softer material, without compromising look/style of the rest of jeans.
    Yes, Chick! Jeans are so soft and thin these days there should be no fit or thick seam issues. If you need alterations, any dry cleaner will do so fairly inexpensive. Buy a pair that fits and fastens nicely, if they are big in legs...it's an easy alteration. Higher end dept stores alter length at no added charge. There are sites that will reproduce your favorite pair of jeans, you pick from their fabrics. Or, men, perhaps you might want to follow Justin Bieber and buy girl jeans for a better fit Just sayin, not kidding!
    "The sweet is not as sweet without the bitter"
    ~"Vanilla Sky"~

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoPixie View Post
    I can't be the only one who rather likes the whole "jeggings" craze... somebody back me up here...

Sure they're a pain to get on and off, but they look good. And vanity is the highest form of enlightenment....
    I'm with you! In the winter I live in leggings and jeggings with my many pairs of beloved Donald Pliner boots
    "The sweet is not as sweet without the bitter"
    ~"Vanilla Sky"~

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoPixie View Post

I like jeggings too, fit like leggings, look like jeans!

i'm excited for it to get cold here again so i can wear jeans. i have way more cold weather clothes then summer clothes (when i live in sundresses, comfy but i'm sick of finding something to put underneath them so my legs don't fly open). as far as jeans go i have to shop at a special store called 'tall girl'. i'm 6'3" and have a 41" inseam. i wear usually a size 3. can't ever, ever buy pants in a normal store. i hated it in middle and high school, now that i found 'tall girl' i can get regular styles that fit, hooray! i do have a couple pair that were always my thin fitting "stylish" ones that aren't as comfy in my chair. i'm mobile enough to prevent pressure sores so someday i might suck it up and wear them, nothing like a little vanity ha ha.

wow, longest inseam I've found for girls is at alloy.com (a sister company of Delia's) and that's a 37. (I've got long legs too)
    An administrator made me remove my signature.