Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: career

just a [quick] update:

i started substitute teaching 2 weeks ago. so far i have worked three days...all three in social studies (yawn...how can those teachers do the same lesson five times a day?). anyway, it has gone pretty good. only 1 period had me counting the minutes till the bell rang. as you probably know, kids don't exactly treat subs with the utmost respect. luckily, los angeles school district pays their subs quite a bit more than other districts, so it makes the crap a bit easier to deal with. i heard about a pregnant math teacher who might need a long term sub, so i might try to get in there. (long-term subs make more per day than most full-time teachers ). so far, only one student has mentioned (or questioned) about my sitting situation. interesting, i figured they would be more curious. i told him i might tell him if he was quiet all class, but he forgot to ask at the end.

all that to say...i'm having a bit of fun and getting a decent feel for this.

Glad things are going well. Show no fear.
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni