Thread: Joni and the Cure

Joni and the Cure

Just wondering if Joni Tada E. would ever consider advocating and supporting a spinal cord network.

How tough can it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago
    Just wondering if Joni Tada E. would ever consider advocating and supporting a spinal cord network.

How tough can it be?

I believe she has a problem using certain types of cells for therapies to cure SCI.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Her website makes it clear that she only supports adult stem cell research, not embryonic cell research. She links to several other conservative religious organizations that oppose embryonic stem cell research.

http://www.joniandfriends.org/

(KLD)

Poor woman.

Joni has certainly got the merchandising going in a big way. Not only a woman in touch with Christ but one with a firm touch on business!

Exactly Carbar,

Supporting Adult Stem Cells is better than the almost trickle pace there now in USA. I can't see why the church don't at least pick up the torch and run with it. Darkness still abounds in many hearts. The potential is great!

The church (all denominations) SHOULD focus on the sick as they are called to do!

Cheers,

Chicago
    Last edited by Chicago; 11-15-2005 at 11:38 AM.

Why can't she just promote adult stem cells and leave embryonic stem cell research for others - she cares more for a egg than people suffering and dying negative ethic - and also forces here views on others - look what she is saying here - absurd;

"If we violate a human embryo today, tomorrow we will become callous about the fetus, then the infant, and then people with physical defects...let's influence society with reasoned judgment, strength of character, and a commitment to improve our culture, not diminish it." — Joni Eareckson Tada
    She must be living in a Hollywood movie (where have she been in this world?) - It is the fetus, the infant and people with physical defects this science wants to help?
    Last edited by Leif; 11-15-2005 at 12:23 PM.