Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help raising money.

Thumbs up Need help raising money.

Im having a surgery that might be able to make me walk. I need twenty four grand for the surgery and expense. If any of you have any information that could help please send me it. The surgery has to do with stem cell injection.

Thank you,

Robin

can ya tell us any more about what exactly you're getting done?
    Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway

Frank's blog:
    http://www.franktalk-scurry.blogspot.com
    My regular blog:
    http://www.ithinkithinktoomuchblog.blogspot.com

First of all, I need to declare that what we use for our procedure is OEG cell which is totally different from stem cell.
    Here is the information how you can register to our program:
    Visit www.nrrfr.com please and click the title "links". Download sci and Basic Information SCI. Ask for the doctor's help to fill up these two forms and attach them to me.
    I also need your latest MRI images(which has been done within the
    recent six months). You can send it to me by email or by mail.
    If you chose posting the MRI, please put "Bird_Wendy_Young" as the receiver on the envelop of the mail. Our address is Neurological Disorder Research & Treatment Center of Beijing Xi Shan Hospital, Shi Jing Shan District, Beijing, 100041, China.
    Please inform me of the date when you send off the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Larson
    Im having a surgery that might be able to make me walk. I need twenty four grand for the surgery and expense. If any of you have any information that could help please send me it. The surgery has to do with stem cell injection.

Thank you,

Robin
    Robin

You posted here asking for 24,000 last nov. of 2005. for the same treatment. Are you telling us that you haven't saved a dime for that treatment in 9 months. Are you sure you really want this treatment?

Most people on this forum who have $24,000 would want to use this for their own care and treatment. What are you doing to earn/save/recruit donors in your own community/family? Why should someone donate to you instead of the many other people who are trying to save up for this procedure?

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse
    Most people on this forum who have $24,000 would want to use this for their own care and treatment. What are you doing to earn/save/recruit donors in your own community/family? Why should someone donate to you instead of the many other people who are trying to save up for this procedure?

(KLD)
    NURSE
    Actualy he isn't asking anyone for donations, he is asking anyone for tips/ideas how to raise money.
    ROBIN MAYBE YOU CAN TRY TO CONVINCE OUR "GENIUS" PRESIDENT TO FUND THE RESEARCH HERE, INSTEAD OF YOU WASTING UR TIME & MONEY GOING OVERSEAS.
    CA.
    Last edited by challenged athlete; 07-24-2006 at 10:51 PM.

I would say

Save your money for something that works better in the future.

Blog Entries
    First of all his post is dated last year and the topic was "NEED HELP RAISING MONEY".
    the INFO to register APPEARED to be a cut-n-paste from the overseas recipient.
    Now I don't want you folks to seem like I'm beating your face, but he wasn't asking for yer money. He was asking for IDEAS, so park the crappy attitudes at the door.
    If I remember CORRECTLY, everytime someone posts about TRYING some of these procedures 99.9% of you are ALL QUESTIONS about it.
    When anyone brings up research, you are all on the bandwagon. So why in the sam hill are you whining NOW???
    Where are all the folks with something other than a fake heart at??
    Ol Johnny Two-Faces has appeared in force.

Robin,
    I personally can't help ya with any ideas. Never done it myself. As far as the surgery goes, I personally would not waste my time with it. There is a LOT of research and trial that needs to be done before any thing like this is sure to work. It's probably a LONG way down the road also.
    Not trying to crush your will here. Just stating my thoughts. Best wishes whichever way you go, and persevere.
    Last edited by CapnGimp; 07-23-2006 at 11:43 PM.

good 1 gimpy
    considering i was in china with him in april id say its a dug up old thread.
    but that cut and paste is in his name?
    seems confusing
    survivor of beijing oeg transplant

I think anybody wanting to get treatment when there is a quified treatment thats gets approved. Needs to start thinking about saving some money now for it. Because federal and insurance companies will do everything to delay paying for it.

I could see them saying it is experimental for years. Just to delay shelling out money for it. I hope i'm wrong!