Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what do you do for crotch rot?

what do you do for crotch rot?

ihave developed a rash on my inner left thigh where my sack sits during the day ...right now im puting zinc oxide on it, should i be doing anything else i should be doing for it?
    kort

lie on your back with your legs up, knees out and heels together, like a frog, wash gently, dry thoroughly and air out, try lamisil spray or creme

i've had rashes so bad i had to lie open for 2-3 weeks as much as possible.

once cleared up keep area dry by using high quality powder, poss antifungal powder and spend a little time each day in this position. make sure your crotch is bone dry after bathing, also that your pants are jammed up into your groin, i don't wear underwear, there's no need to, just extra rubbing.

Moist, warm and dark areas are a set up for fungal infections, which is usually the cause of "crotch rot" or "jock itch".

As described below, prevention and treatment include the use of the frog position for at least an hour daily. I recommend doing this immediately upon going to bed. Wash and get into the frog position (undressed) to allow good air circulation to the area. You can watch TV in bed in this position before going to sleep.

If you have a rash, stop using the zinc oxide. Use an antifungal cream such as clotrimazole 1% after washing and drying well twice daily. If this does not improve the condition in 1 week, see your physician, otherwise continue with treatment until the skin looks normal.

Continue to use the washing and frogging as a preventive measure.

(KLD)

how do i keep pressure off my heels while frogging? i have had sores on my heels before ...kort

Bag balm helps me.

Kort, what I usually do is leave my patient's shoes on for the time they are frogging. Remove the slacks (or pull them down to the ankles, bring the feet up to the buttocks, then place the soles of the shoes together and let the legs fall apart (may need to stretch them out depending on your spasticity) onto pillows. Also, an hour twice a day is sufficient. It would not be a good idea to stay in this position for more than an hour at a time.

Bag balm is not recommended for a fungal infection. It will help mainly with dryness.

(KLD)

I got a rash around my sack and on my inner thighs several years ago, it took forever to get rid of it. I used a couple different creams the doctor prescribed for a while but still couldn't fully get rid of it. The doctor finally prescribed me some type of anti fungal pill (can't remember the name) it cost like $60-70 bucks for the single pill but it got rid of the rash.
    I now am very careful to prevent getting it again, after I take a shower in the morning I always make sure I dry in between my legs and my sack well (which isn't the easiest thing to do since the thing is like a damn sponge!) sometimes I'll use a blow dryer. Several times a day while in my chair I'll sit at the edge of my chair and stretch my legs and spread them apart to allow that area to breath well. And at night before I go to sleep after getting into bed I'll stretch my legs and lye there for a while with my legs frogged.
    Also if your having sex with a chic, always clean her juices off your whole crotch area well afterwards! I think not doing so is what helped start my rash.

Originally posted by JT:

The doctor finally prescribed me some type of anti fungal pill (can't remember the name) it cost like $60-70 bucks for the single pill but it got rid of the rash.
    Probably Diflucan.

Sulfur soap is good for this.