Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roll-in shower chair

Roll-in shower chair

Any recommendations? I need a shower chair I can propel myself. Thank you.

Check out ActiveAid. We use these where I work (600 series and 496), and have been very pleased with them. Much better than E&J.

Look for one with cut outs for access for bowel care, removable leg and armrests, and a well padded seat. Also be sure it will fit over your toilet, esp. if you will be using it with a toilet with a tank.

(KLD)

Mine is an ETAC. I love it, it's been such a blessing. Mine does not have self-propel wheels on it currently as my bathroom does not have enough room for me to turn around if I did. However, they do have an option for them. Unfortunately I do not have a website handy for them, but I did do a search a while back & found it pretty easily. Good luck in your search. Try to find a DME supplier who will let you demo different ones in your home to see what will work best for your situation.

'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

Rolli-moden offers the ETAC showerchair for a somewhat reasonable price, around $700 I think. I like it be cause the seat has a little "dump" to it, no pun intended. Other chairs are completely flat-seated.

It is definately the best looking of all the showerchairs. All the others look so "institutional."

"The essense of greatness is the perception that courage is enough." R. Waldo Emerson

After years of producing crappy commodes I think Invacare has got it right
    http://www.invacare.com/cgi-bin/imhq...01&prodID=6895

We looked at that Invacare chair, but found it VERY difficult for our clients to get under the seat to reach when doing their own bowel care. This is why we like the ActiveAid better.

(KLD)

Thank you so much for your suggestions. I will look into them.

SCI-Nurse wrote:
    Check out ActiveAid. We use these where I work (600 series and 496), and have been very pleased with them. Much better than E&J.
    I purchased the JTG 624 five months ago and have been very pleased with it. Very well built, sturdy, and comfortable.

I added optional pneumatic tires and feel it was worth the added cost. The staff at JTG were very helpful over the phone and I found the best price to be @ Allegro.com

I need a new roll-in shower/camode chair. I see they run between $750-$1300

Will Medicare / Medicaid help with any of this cost? In the past I've always just paid it out of pocket. Thanks!

Rusty

Medicare might pick it up. It would depend on how long it has been since your last chair, and your benefit status. Most likely you will have to pay 20% if they cover it.

Jeff Sirko