Thread: Circulation Problems - LEGS get really cold.

Circulation Problems - LEGS get really cold.

Hello. I am a T10 incomplete, and at certain times during the day, especially at night, my legs get really cold, part of me thinks that it is more mind over matter, and they are not as cold as "I think they are." I do realize that SCI persons have circulation problems and I'm sure that is where this coldness stems from.

Anyway, I wear long pants, socks, and have my legs elevated. In addition, I drink healthy hot teas for a piece of mind, and to warm up the body.

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions on how to take care of this coldness in
    my legs, and is it quite normal?

Please help..

Cold in Maryland,
    Rick

cold legs --> really cold legs

Hi Rick,

This is a common problem/question. If you scroll down a few topics in the Care forum, you'll find one titled cold legs.

Sci-Nurse answered in another topic at cold legs again.

[This message was edited by rtr on Nov 22, 2002 at 08:17 PM.]

a great heat source!!

I have two cats who love sleeping on my legs. A cat's body temp is around 101 degrees.

"And so it begins."

A Caution

I don't think the coldness in your legs is a major health problem, a bit of an annoyance but not a major problem.

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, USE A HEATING PAD, A HOT WATER BOTTLE OR AN ELECTRIC BLANKET!!!!!

If you were to do such a thing, you could sustain a terrible burn and not be aware of it until it was much to late. It's much better to live with some cold than to suffer the consequences of a serious burn.

RAB