Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stupid PCA tricks...or could they be dumber...gota rant.

Stupid PCA tricks...or could they be dumber...gota rant.

One of my top notch PCA's and I were cleaning up a BIG mess created by some other PCA's due to layness and disrespect. Wellmessy has been busting her butt to get things cleaned up and streightened out.

I am one of those that has a vegie garden and I put up food for the winter (canning and freeing rtc). Well, after I discovered a huge mess in my stockroom (or big pantry, whatever you call it), i had them each do a part in cleaning it up. Well, basicly because Essy has experience in this from when she worked for a vending company, I basicly have been working with her for suggestions and guidence.

I live in a rural or semi rurla community, which means that we are prone to feild mice. Well, I have one of those blocks that plugs into the wall and someone pulled that out and we had a mouse problem which has now been rectified. It produces some kind of confusing signal in the electrical system that drives them away. I guess it bothers their brains.

I asked Amanda and Heather to move some stuff and (because I cannot get upstairs) and tell me what was in the box. So, I thought all went well. The next day Essy went upstairs.....and found a box that had a broken bottle, and.....uhhhhh...well, to be polite, was full of fly larvie...you know the m word. Well, I basicly hit the roof. Also big things were put on top of small things....what with that? Well, Essy had to redo what these two had done.

Yesterday when Heather came in she was upset that I was upset with her. I told her...well, you gotta admit it was pretty gross that you put something with maggots in it back into the pantry? Whats with that...well, it turns out Amanda did that. And then I said, whats with big things on top of small things? Well, I was pretty upset, but we had a good conversation. It turned out the fly larvie thing was Amanda and I am going to talk with. Also I discovered a can thrown in with my holiday platters, instead of put in the pantry. Its like I have to tell these people each and every little fart. Whats with that, no common sense? No respect? No common curtesy? What with the maggot thing...that is stinking gross? Just plain stupidity and ....oh yah and the outside guy just agrivates me because he will just not show up to work and then will wander in on other days. I try to help as best I can, but it seems I do not get common curtesy of calling me when you cannot come to work. He says well I called Saundra....well Saundra does not work here any more, so why are you calling her and not me....I am your boss. He did it again yesterday. He is a good person and works hard when he shows up, but I cannot get it through his head the volume of work that has to be done before the snow flies. He keeps saying next spring, next spring....if you do not prepare the gardens for next year, you will not have anything. So, I feel like I am dealing with a bunch of dumb, disrepectful, childish dweebs sometimes........

Am I being a jerk to ask:

Do not put rotten food, full of fly larvie back into the pantry.

Call if you cannot come to work.

Put things away where they belong.

Don't use my best China for kitchenware.

Do not pour urine from my catheter bags down the sink or bathtub, use the toilet!

Don't leave a mess for the next person to clean up.

Why do I have to read down the checklist and ask and inspect..did you do this? Did you do that?

Am I being a grump, a fool or what? I just think these things are common sense, manners, and good hygene.

What do you think? And yes I keep letting these people go, and getting new ones after a while.

Tweetybird you are definitely NOT being a jerk! I get so mad about some of the stupid things I hear one of my mom's caregivers does that I want to scream. She's not malicious when she does these things and my family won't get rid of her. And to be honest, even as stupid as this woman is, and the condition my mom is in, that to get rid of this stupid woman, would actually be bad for my mom. She is in the final stages of Parkinson's disease and this woman has been with her for about a year or more, and my Mama actually loves her I think.

The most recent stupid thing she did was she put a ton of Vaseline in my mom's hair! When the next shift lady came she said that when she first walked in and saw my mom from across the room that she thought she was sweating heavily because she looked so SHINY. There were even balls of Vaseline on her forehead that looked like drops of sweat! She asked the stupid woman why my mom was sweating so badly and she replied that she was not sweating that "her hair was sticking up so I put grease in it"! My mom has never worn grease in her hair and this stupid woman knows it! Mama doesn't even like to have hairspray in her hair and never has. The smart woman asked the stupid woman why didn't she just comb some water into it? After the stupid woman left, the smart woman washed my mom's hair twice and still couldn't get it all out. It was still awful. She said she was going to wash it again the next day as she didn't want to wash Mama to death all in one day. My mom IS prone to sweating because of her condition, but this woman is so stupid that she doesn't even have the common sense to know that you shouldn't put anything on a person who is prone to sweating that will block their pores! Or that my mom actually does care about her appearance and maybe doesn't want to look like a 1950's greaser? To top it off, she didn't even wash the brush and pick she'd used. She just left them slathered in Vaseline.

Like I said, I think it would hurt Mama to change caregivers on her at this point and in many ways this woman is good to my mom, she's just ignorant. If I were queen in our family, and made the decisions, I would have gotten rid of this woman the very first day she said she couldn't use the vaccum cleaner because it hurt her back. She said she could only use the broom to clean the floor--and couldn't mop either. (Part of her job is to clean the house--she's paid extra for it). At that point I would have said--well, I'm sorry, but we really NEED someone who can clean properly, so I'm afraid we can't use you. My mom would have never had a chance to get attached to this stupid woman in the first place. Instead, she half-ass sweeps the floor and the queen has someone else come do the floors--stupid woman still gets paid the same for cleaning though.

She also asks for (or just takes) food all the time. One day she begged my dad so hard for a watermelon he had bought that he got aggravated at her. Another time, my sister had made some kind of dish that had lots of cheese in it and the woman thought it was so good. This woman came through the kitchen as she was leaving and said--I'm going to get some of your parents' cheese so I can make mine like you made your's. (Forget the fact that the caregivers are paid daily, so she had money and also passes grocery stores on her way home! She opened the fridge and took FOUR BLOCKS of cheese and just left. It happened so fast that my sis was just left there with her mouth open in shock! The bad thing is that my dad likes this woman too and if you bring something up that she has done, he makes excuses for her. He's old and sick himself and won't tell her to STOP doing these stupid/rude things.

When she first started working there I found a snake in the house. We live in the country so that's not really odd. It was just a tiny snake and not poisonous. I took it outside but she saw it and freaked out. The next day she brought moth balls and put them all over the house! Under furniture, on counters, everywhere! The house was so permeated with moth balls fumes that I literally could not breath the next time I went there. My mom's tremors got worse. My sister told the queen of our family that it was dangerous for my parents to be breathing that all the time and that she needed to tell the stupid woman to get the moth balls out of the house. The queen told her that if she wanted to tell her, she could tell her herself! Knowing that would do no good, my sis just went and cleaned them out herself. She got a horrible headache and couldn't breath and she ended up falling out the backdoor and down the steps in the process, and hurt her back and knees really badly, had to go to the ER, and was out of work with no pay for two weeks. It was months before the moth ball smell completely left the house.

It's a bad situation made worse by the reign of a stupid family queen and an old man who is too sick to stand up for himself anymore. I can say for the queen that she is not so patient with the stupid woman as she once was. She thought she was so wonderful in the beginning, but has now begun to see what I could see the first time I met her--that she's an idiot. I think she is not quite as forgiving of her stupidity as she once was, thank God.

I wish I could just do it myself. At least be in charge of who is hired/fired. But, since I am not able to help much with my parents because I am a caregiver in my own home, my opinion is not considered even though she IS my mom too.

Tweetybird, you definitely aren't expecting anything unreasonable! I think most people just really don't have common sense or manners. Unfortunately, that's not always apparent until we've been around them a while. Good luck on dealing with your own personal dummy! The one thing you have going for you in that area is that YOU are in charge. Oh to be queen for a day in my family! Heads would roll!
    "I just want you to know, it was the best time ever." J.F.F.

Lord knows I'd love to rant about my PCA's or whatnot, but I'll just give you a tidbit instead.

If you add baking soda to shampoo, it should pull grease or oily products out of the hair.

Hope there's no next time, tho.
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

Smile thanks feisty!

Quote Originally Posted by feisty
    Lord knows I'd love to rant about my PCA's or whatnot, but I'll just give you a tidbit instead.

If you add baking soda to shampoo, it should pull grease or oily products out of the hair.

Hope there's no next time, tho.

feisty thank you SO MUCH! I am sure that even though the smart caregiver was going to re-wash my mom's hair there is no way she could have gotten it all out yet! I'll give her your tip tomorrow! Thanks! Your'e a gem!

I don't think you are being a jerk. It drives me nuts when I have to explain things word for word, over and over. I also get frustrated when I have to explain I know you do things a certain way at your hose but this is not your house and this is how I want things done here. I had a girl used the toilet water to mop my floor once, yuck I realize that it is the floor but that is to much for me. I have to say the maggots you had to deal with is just as bad if not worse.

I now have written directions hanging up for the girls to follow. Myself and other friends and family that have read it always think it is very specific but it never fails that I need to add to it how to do things.
    I just changed things today to fix a problem.
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

I was outside yesterday, and thought of an idea, a workbook for idiots. What I am going to do, is take common sense, "rules" and "theory and make a book that they have puzzles, quizes and worksheets to finish and I will grade it like a schoolteacher. Will that work...one will say: "When the food had maggots in it you _____________. Answer: throw it out. Do you think that will work. When the dishes are dirty, you _______________, ______________, and _____________________. Answer: wash them, dry them, and put them away.

Maybe that will work....LOL

Oh yes, and guess what? My yard worker showed up (and there is a ton of work out there) with a WOLOPER of a hang over. He even went out back a blew lunch in the back yard......nice....then left within an hour of showing up. I have to get those leaves raked, and the gardens cleaned out, and put menure on the vegatable garden and such........ the list goes on.

Thank God I got kids. They're too young to leave,so I got very good help for awhile yet. I feel for you guys. I would be a ranting idiot if I had to deal with this kind of incompetence.Wow!!

Tweety when you write that workbook I'll be first in line to buy one! But wait, you know what, it WON'T work because they will have to FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS to answer the questions! So we'll need to sit there with them and guide them through it question by question if we expect anything to come of it!

Your yard worker sounds worse than not having anyone at all. At least with no one at all, you have a puke free yard! Gross! People like that just shock me---wait, no they don't! I SHOULD be shocked that someone would show up to work hung over, puke on your lawn and leave, but I'm not. So many people have no shame. None at all. The longer I know people, the more I like my pets way better!

Pretty much the sole reason dh and I stress our relationship by having him be my caregiver.

I hate having strangers in my home and relying on them and directing them.

Emi~ I wish I could do something like that. Although I can do my care myself medicaid and SSI says I have to have in home services to qualify. I can't wait to finish school and get a job so I don't have to relay on them.
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni