Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sunday's Extreme Home Makeover

Please watch next weeks episode. it involves a little boy, from the columbus ohio area who has spinal muscular atrophy. sma type 1 is the leading genetic killer of kids under tha age of 2. this lil guy has beaten the odds and is doing well at age 6. for more info on SMA check out www.smasupport.com

the following week should be the family who lives near me. the father, a special ed teacher, lost his wife due to a pulmonary embolism, and is raising 3 young girls. from what i have heard the house appeared nice on the outside but was a mess inside.

I love extreme home makeover, but feel thee could do so much more good if they did a modest house, and several of them, instead of just one gigantic over the top house.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiochica
    I love extreme home makeover, but feel thee could do so much more good if they did a modest house, and several of them, instead of just one gigantic over the top house.
    Unfortunately, that wouldn't last a season.
    C5 injury with partial C6 function on left.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis
    Unfortunately, that wouldn't last a season.
    Unfortunately you're right. I think it's called Habitat for Humanity and they don't get nearly the tv press coverage they deserve imho.

Ohiochica, just got finished watching the little boy with SMA. what a great story. does Ty and his crew have the best job or what? they really did a great job on this house for the kids..

some ppl. here were asking about cheaper prices on elevators or something comparable... check out www.abc.com and go to this episode. who knows, this may be a semi-affordable lift.....?

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

OMG this week was a tear jerker all the way through. Those kids where so adorable. I'm not a Curt Shilling fan but that was awsome of him to do on a day he should have been at the field, and you gotta love Mia Hamm, she rocks. I am probably going to miss next weeks Sunday night line up since we will be on our way back from Turkey day break
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

thanks everyone who watched.

finally! someone who made sure sma got out into the public view! they are so very close to a cure for this.

just to let ya know......... this little boy had type 2 sma, there are 4 types. type 1 is most severe and type 4 is late adult onset. a typical type one child cant even move the joystick. and a fyi fact, sma children often have above average intelligence.

www.smasupport.com

and the organization that was there is www.fsma.org

Guess what TV show just rolled into the town I live in today?
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

Cool Aly. What's the project?

Not really sure, just saw a blurb on the news. If we don't get the snow they are calling for I'm going to go check it out after my internship. To bad I don't have a house to get fixed up.
    www.cawvsports.org

what about last nights show? that dad was pretty awesome. the 6 year old Zoe that wrote into the show and was one of the 3 daughters was just adorable. loved how she just kept hugging Ty....

Aly, if you get a chance, go watch for a cpl. of hours a few days... if you can, pretty awesome sight and great ppl. all around..

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia