Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D.C. Open House & Happy Hour: Time And Place Set!!

D.C. Open House & Happy Hour: Time And Place Set!!

The Washington D.C. OPEN HOUSE AND HAPPY HOUR will be Saturday, November 12th, from 4-6:30 p.m. at Buca di Beppo, 1825 Connecticut Avenue, N.W.

Hot hors d'oeuvres and soft drinks will be served. (Cash bar). Wise will give a presentation on the latest in spinal cord injury research with lots of time for questions and discussion.

We will be done at 6:30 as another group has the room, but feel free to stay at Buca for supper and more conversation.

Please send names and number who will be attending. See you there!

Persist ... in Hope,

Patricia

Please Send Names & Numbers

Please send your name and the number attending with you ... you can respond to this post or send the information to Patricia at intdevel@juno.com. Want to make sure we have enough to eat! (Josh, Sue, Jay - you are already on the list.)

Directions on the Buca website.

See you there!

Persist ... in Hope,

Patricia

Patrica just emailed me to say that some 21 people have signed up for the open house. That is great! Wise.

Patricia,
    What a great evening. Thank you so much for organizing this event. It is so nice to meet you, Dr. Wise Young, Steven, Sue, and everyone else that was their. Great PowerPoint presentation Dr. Young, you make such complicated information so simple to understand. I learned so much. Once again Patricia the evening was perfect. Thank you so much.
    Josh Basile

My children and I had a wonderful time. Wise did an excellent job of presenting what is currently going on in the field of cure research for spinal cord injuries and what it will take to bring the therapies from the "Bench to the Bedside". It is of particular interest for those who wish to be a part of delivering the care in a spinal cord injury trial one day. I was very happy to meet new people, including Josh, and his dad, and others. It was great to see Sue and Jay Pendleton again, and of course I was thrilled to FINALLY meet Steven Edwards. Steven is a kind gentleman, and I am looking forward to perhaps seeing more of him this week as time permits. Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to make this evening possible.

Mary, John and Jacquie too...
    1FineSpineRN

Yup, nice and surprising turnout. Only problem being the lack of parking so we had 2 hours from a guy working the Marine Corps Ball's garage. Then had to leave. Great to finally meet my good friend Steven Edwards in person. Surprised but delighted to see Sam Gordon from NRH again. If you read this please email me! It's on my public profile but for ease and also for Josh and his Dad it's DTXNEWS@aol.com. I'll get some Quest info to you. No chance to meet the McKenzie gang but happy they have found us through Mary. Met Kris Gulden and Trisha Brooks finally and will probably be working with both again soon if things don't change in DC quickly.

And yes, great to see and speak with my friends again but not for near long enough. Patricia and Wise, you guys are the best. Thanks for taking the "show" on the road.

Oh, can't forget the Rob contingent that now, sorry all you single ladies, has a serious girlfriend.

I think I am about off to bed. This was fun but the old bod is telling me to stick to taking it easy for a bit more.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Thanks for a great afternoon

Josh, John and I attended this event and we were very happy to meet everyone. We could have listened to Dr. Wise Young talk for hours. Thank you so much for planning this. It was great! Jane Altshuler

The open house was awesome. It was great meeting everyone who attended (even though Mary didn't recognize me and had to ask who I was)... and the Kalimari was mag-na-fique! My nurse and I went back Sunday.

Wise gave a good overview of the time period from when Chris Reeve was injured to now and explained the reasoning behind the seven year estimate for a cure he gave Chris. Someone asked Wise during the Q&A if he would say it will be that long now. He smiled, shook his head, and said "No."

Next month's meeting of the ISCITT in (Beijing or Hong Kong?) will be pivotal. Look for big things to come out of it.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

For November

A pic of me and Wise post-open house.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Edwards
    The open house was awesome. It was great meeting everyone who attended (even though Mary didn't recognize me and had to ask who I was)... and the Kalimari was mag-na-fique! My nurse and I went back Sunday.

Wise gave a good overview of the time period from when Chris Reeve was injured to now and explained the reasoning behind the seven year estimate for a cure he gave Chris. Someone asked Wise during the Q&A if he would say it will be that long now. He smiled, shook his head, and said "No."

Next month's meeting of the ISCITT in (Beijing or Hong Kong?) will be pivotal. Look for big things to come out of it.
    You southerners don't even know how to spell Calamari, Shhh I won't tell NY Guido but anty might get pissed
    Last edited by bigbob; 11-19-2005 at 10:24 PM.
    Don't ignore the Reeve Legacy, Remember he and Dana supported open research and fought hard for ESCR

StemCellBattles

Support H.R. 810