Thread: I also am a new arrival to the site

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I also am a new arrival to the site

Hello everyone,
    I am here for the first time to introduce myself and hopefully in the near future share concerns regarding my injury. I hope the fact that I am only partially challenged will still allow me inclusion in this group.
    When I was 18 I fell from a tree. I landed on my butt and mangled the cone and several vertebra above. Following an operation (pins and bone graphs) and 3 months of therapy I found myself with partial nerve damage from the waist down. I am able to walk but suffer little to no sensation in buttocks to feet. Generally there is more feeling in the front than rear. I also have bowel, bladder and erectile dysfunction. I do not cath and other than occassional stool softeners do not take any special actions. I can have "accidents" and it is always a concern that can often prevent me from doing things publically for fear of such an accident. I am now 45 and will post some of the many questions I have and happily share my experiences if anyone is interested. Thank you for existing. I am sure there are many among us that can appreciate the support.

C5 injury with partial C6 function on left.

Welcome Lemans

I am a 46 yr old male, who has a T-12 Incomplete injury. I am able to walk some but with alot of pain in my feet. I do Not have to cath now, but still have to do the stool softener's, and also still do have some accidents.
    You have some to the right place!!!!!! these people will help you!!! as I am sure you may be able to help some of us.
    Again Welcome!
    Doug

Welcome
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

Lemans

all the way from Indiana....I fell off a ladder that was leaning against a tree...burst L#1 with sci. post 1 year, 6 months.

Ask away with any questions you have, someone in here has been thru it or the SCI-Nurse(s) can head you in the right direction..

Welcome,

Queen
    Your life is what you make it, and only you have that choice!

Lemans,

Welcome! My son Jake is a C5-C6 quad with anoxic brain injury, 2 1/2 yrs. post, 31 yrs old, and has recently moved home where his dad and I take care of him, with the help of some nurses. This site has been a major source of both understanding and helpful resources, and encouragement that things can get better. It is a great place to be!

Hope you find good things here, too!
    Tana

Welcome Lemans,

What an awesome introduction you provided. many ppl. here with all kinds of injury levels... agree with duge, you will help us as much as we can help you. glad you're here..

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia