Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Specultions On Our Misery

WHO FRIGGIN SAYS SHE'S INVALID? What a stupid comment!

Here's a perfect example of what I was saying I bet she doesn't get alot of the "oh you poor poor girl" comments either.

On the other hand I bet that those of us who think of ourselves as invalid get them all the time, furthermore I suspect that secretly they love to hear it, what could be better support for rolling over and screaming about all the lost opportunity in life, rather than taking a positive attitude like Cali has and recognising the opportunities that are availiable now that never would have been.

I'm here to tell you that my life, while not being a bed of roses is not over, and I'm sure as HELL not an invalid. I commend you Cali, and I agree, there are a TON of opportunities that I have now that were not availiable to me pre-injury.
    Last edited by Zaphod; 11-09-2005 at 09:48 PM.

thank you AZ and zaphod! your support means a lot! *hugs*

i'm not here to bash luigi, i certainly don't want to impose any angle he isn't intending to make in his question to me. i just don't quite understand what exactly he's getting at.
    Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway

Frank's blog:
    http://www.franktalk-scurry.blogspot.com
    My regular blog:
    http://www.ithinkithinktoomuchblog.blogspot.com

In a split second I lost a tremendous career in education, most friends, and family. But I gain a wonderful life partner of sixteen years, an exhilarating art career, and a life filled with challenges, defeats and victories. I honor my loss by embracing my limits and changing them into limitless opportunity.

i'm so glad to hear that you're not letting your injury stop your life. and that you too feel that your life actually became enriched instead of completely misfortuned.

of course, no one wants something devestating to be bestowed upon their life, but to let it destroy their life is up to them.

Frank's blog:
    My regular blog:

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod
    WHO FRIGGIN SAYS SHE'S INVALID? What a stupid comment!

Here's a perfect example of what I was saying I bet she doesn't get alot of the "oh you poor poor girl" comments either.

On the other hand I bet that those of us who think of ourselves as invalid get them all the time, furthermore I suspect that secretly they love to hear it, what could be better support for rolling over and screaming about all the lost opportunity in life, rather than taking a positive attitude like Cali has and recognising the opportunities that are availiable now that never would have been.

I'm here to tell you that my life, while not being a bed of roses is not over, and I'm sure as HELL not an invalid. I commend you Cali, and I agree, there are a TON of opportunities that I have now that were not availiable to me pre-injury.

Zap chill out
    You are focusing too much on one single word (which can be subtituded by so many other words who none of them sound good) try to look @ the whole picture.
    But that's our condition right now, that's why ppl make all those kind of pitty remarks (which agrevates the hell on most of us) when they see someone in the wheelchair, anyways, I'm not here to ofend anybody, I was just wondering how can someone have better options in life paralysed VS an independent, AB/body?
    Am i missing somthing here?
    every time you fall,
    stand up tall....
    come back for more

Quote Originally Posted by luigi91377
    Zap chill out
    You are focusing too much on one single word (which can be subtituded by so many other words who none of them sound good) try to look @ the whole picture.
    But that's our condition right now, that's why ppl make all those kind of pitty remarks (which agrevates the hell on most of us) when they see someone in the wheelchair, anyways, I'm not here to ofend anybody, I was just wondering how can someone have better options in life paralysed VS an independent, AB/body?
    Am i missing somthing here?
    i'd love for you to be clearer on exactly what you mean in this statement.

what is the whole picture to you? that most AB people make pity remarks? ever think they don't know exactly what to say, not out of pity, but because it isn't something they have much experience with? cut them some slack, i'm sure it's not their intention to come off as if they are giving us pity. they just want to say something positive and nice.

and our condition is what? we're the same as we ever were, just in a wheelchair, but maybe that's not a true statement. maybe some people who become wheelchair bound begin to make the decision that life sucks instead of overcoming the hardship; no longer being exactly the same person they once were. i can't help but wonder if that applies to you.

and as for your wondering how someone who is paralyzed could POSSIBLY have more options compared to someone who is able bodied...well

i explained how i personally have better, more positive aspects in my life after i got hurt. some others have shared their stories on that specific subject too.

the people and familt in my life mean my life. the things that matter most in life are now things i appreciate even more post sci, and i feel ashamed that i haven't realized just how MUCH of a blessing the little things in life are, as well as the people in my life.

if you can't grasp that life isn't over and possibly richer even after sci, then yeah, you certainly are missing something.

"i would have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief."- Gerry Spence

Frank's blog:
    My regular blog:

The thing that I dislike is when people ask me if i was a gang member and how did I get hurt, was it in a shoot out or something. GEEs do I look like a gang member or something. Never fails , its usually always the same kind of comments. Oh Well, Like Forest Gump says , Life is like a box of chocolates you never no what your gona get, "as a remark in this case.

I once replied like this....What if i was driving my lowrider or something and was picking tomatoes and just fell out of the car. LOL

lmao jr!!!!!!!!i was in rehab with a guy who actually was in a shootout, but i dunno if he was a gang member or anything, he got shot in the leg. that lowrider tomato story is hilarious!

Frank's blog:
    My regular blog:

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    my life isn't bad, it's infact better in other ways. it's just a pain in the ass to do everything and i can't reach anything...
    I feel the same way in some ways. I learned more in this pass 7 years in this wheelchair then prior to it. I'v become more aware of my surroundings. I was living life to fast not stopping to appreciate the smallest things like going for a walk which now is the thing that i look foward to often.