Thread: condom catheter

condom catheter

im using comdom cateters and using a paste call coloplast to help the comdom
    stay on, this coloplast dosnt work good if my caregiver dosnt apply
    the paste just perfect. my question is there any other type of paste
    or adhesive on the market i could try?

Externals

What brand and type of external are you using? Have you tried self-adhesive externals? What do you put on your skin to protect it under the external?

This paste is really an ostomy product and is not designed for keeping on externals. If you really need to use a skin adhesive, and are not latex sensitive, I would suggest using United Skin Bond instead. This product is designed for this use. You will need to use an adhesive remover compatable with it when removing though. Wash the remover off well with soap and water.

A good self-adhesive external like the Rochester WideBand would be easier to apply and probably better for your skin.

(KLD)

Freedom Caths stick pretty well, also, especially if skin prep is used beforehand.

externals

can anyone tell me the manufactures name of united skin bond and remover

Condom catheter

Hi i put apply Urocare Urofoam-2 double-sided adhesive foam strips before apply Hollister Self-Adhesive Everyday Urinary External Catheter, just wash and dry before and strech a lite bite the urofoam strip under the cap, an apply your self-adhesive condom. Change condom every day for maximun dry security.

I have used condom catheters since my injury 20 years. I'd just switched (as a result of being a beta tester) from one brand of Mentor freedom catheters to the new style using latex. It also has a more aggressive adhesive.

The condom catheters I tested had Aloe in the adhesive to protect from skin breakdown. I did not select the aloe based catheter because I do not have problems with my skin, however I did switc to the standard latex after 18 years of the original.