Thread: Nuprodx multiCHAIR 3000tx or 4000?

Question Nuprodx multiCHAIR 3000tx or 4000?

I have read a few positive reviews for the chairs from Nuprodx, but I'm curious about the specific models and options that people have.

http://www.nuprodx.com/products.htm

The 3000tx looks to be the most portable, but I imagine having casters is a useful feature and this doesn't look like an option. I know the 4000 has casters and folds up for travel as well, but it looks to be a bigger package than the 3000tx. Are there any particular options that are really useful? This will be my first trip since getting injured, so the whole bowel-program-in-a-Hotel-room thing is new to me. Suggestions are welcome!

Thanks, Jay

It depends on your needs, and where you will be traveling. If you think you can depend on getting roll-in showers all the time, the rolling one (4000) is nice because you can decrease transfers and just roll over the toilet on this for bowel care as well. If you think you are going to be using mostly tubs, you may want to get the 3000TX. The 3000 gives you the option of using it in either a tub, stall shower or a roll in shower, but of course you would have to transfer, and to use it over the toilet after taking a shower you would have to transfer twice. You have to look at your own needs as far as ease of transfers (esp. when wet) and where you will be using it.

You may also want to look at this one. We have one of these (and actually got it 2/3 off very lightly used on eBay!) and use it all the time in different situations. It works esp. well on cruise ships.

Chameleon

(KLD)
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 11-04-2005 at 09:21 PM.

We just took the 3000TX to eastern Europe and discovered that is is slightly too narrow to fit over many European toilets without removing one leg and resting on the bowl

Quote Originally Posted by JayColorado View Post
    I have read a few positive reviews for the chairs from Nuprodx, but I'm curious about the specific models and options that people have.

http://www.nuprodx.com/products.htm

The 3000tx looks to be the most portable, but I imagine having casters is a useful feature and this doesn't look like an option. I know the 4000 has casters and folds up for travel as well, but it looks to be a bigger package than the 3000tx. Are there any particular options that are really useful? This will be my first trip since getting injured, so the whole bowel-program-in-a-Hotel-room thing is new to me. Suggestions are welcome!

Thanks, Jay
    Hi Jay.

I picked up a 4000tx a couple months ago.

Trial run at home was flawless. Goes together as easy as they say and was quiet comfortable. I had a custom seat made (smaller diameter hole for my skinny ass and 1" extra foam)

It packs up in a dolly/suitcase to FAA carry on size (supposedly)

I'm pleased with it.

I had this problem with my very first outing with the 3000tx as well. I purchsed the offset legs and haven't had a problem since. That chair was the best post-sci money I ever spent! Love it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    We just took the 3000TX to eastern Europe and discovered that is is slightly too narrow to fit over many European toilets without removing one leg and resting on the bowl
    Dave