Thread: Sound that makes you "poo your pants"

Sound that makes you "poo your pants"

On Brainiac: Science Abuse, a question was emailed in asking about "Brown Noise". Supposedly, a certain sound can be played to make anyone's bowels within one meter loosen, leading to a bowel movement.

It worked on the victim who tried it, which was interesting. If true, it would be much better than suppositories.

For any audiophiles out there, the sound is 22.75hz @ -30 decibles. If you want to try it, let us know how it works. And, let us know what equipment we need to produce the sound at home.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Mythbusters debunked this myth.

Steven,

You have wayyy too much time on your hands. Maybe I do, too--I looked.

Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Liz321
    Mythbusters debunked this myth.
    Liz,

There is conflicting evidence. According to Wikipedia, Mythbusters tested only the frequencies 5, 7, and 9 Hz. 22.75 may be the magic number. link

Sue M, if something can allow my bunghole to return to an exit only state, I am all for it.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Edwards
    Liz,

There is conflicting evidence. According to Wikipedia, Mythbusters tested only the frequencies 5, 7, and 9 Hz. 22.75 may be the magic number. link

Sue M, if something can allow my bunghole to return to an exit only state, I am all for it.
    haha....yea instead of being raped every day or 2...

BP By Music

Get a colostomy and get on with your life--the music on thyis side is much better.

Claude Bauls

even IF it were true, our problem is still there, muscle control,think about it.

Seems to me that our psychological operations folks came up with some grenade that makes a bang and then releases some harmless but nasty to the bodily organs chemicals that cause serious brown pants and wet jeans...

I think any good radio reciever that goes into what, IIRC, is a VHF range can produce varible sounds in that range and just adjust the volume for decibals. Know anyone who was into submarines?
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Edwards
    Supposedly, a certain sound can be played to make anyone's bowels within one meter loosen, leading to a bowel movement.
    I did a little research and managed to locate that sound here, enjoy -> http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...030128-19.html
    The internet is a blessing for those of us with too much time on our hands.
    De Omnibus Dubitandum